cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install netweaver gateway and what are the impact and issues may face during installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're using SAP ESS, ECC. We're already licensed for SPA Business Suit.  We're trying to develop application for mobile & we found we need to add component for gateway. I need to know few things before going forward:

1. Any license are required as we're already using SAP ECC?

2. How to install Gateway?

3. If i have installed on development system, do i have to install on Quality and Production server too?

4. Is there any impact on existing system or business?

5. What kind of challenges I may face during installation?

Please help me for same.

Kind Regards,

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

1. Any license are required as we're already using SAP ECC?

As I understand Gateway is offered to free to existing ECC customers. Experts correct me here.

2. How to install Gateway?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b054074c-d6cf-2e10-8e96-f81869792...

3. If i have installed on development system, do i have to install on Quality and Production server too?

Yes

4. Is there any impact on existing system or business?

There are several ways in which you can install Gateway. See here various recommended scenarios. I do not see any negative impact as long as you adhere to security and deployment best practices.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp05/helpdata/en/88/889a8cbf6046378e274d6d9cd04e4d/content.htm

5. What kind of challenges I may face during installation?

!!!! Give it a try and you tell us.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for late reply. Actually i was trying to figure out about licence thing and finally i came to know. It's not free even for existing ECC customers but yes there is only one time cost (that also very less) for existing ECC customers. SAP team said they charge for SAP gateway interface usage. Anyways once my team will complete this process than only we guys will come to know all about it.

Krishna thanks for your detailed answer. I appreciate your help.

Thanking you,

Kind Regards,

Kapil

Answers (0)