cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forecast from previous periods loaded to MD63

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our user is compllaining that when they run the process chain from DP to ECC to release the foreccast, they say that MD63 is getting poulated with forecast from elapsed periods. For example, our user ran the process chain yesterday and he showed me how the forecast was populated for the mateiral in the month of august, september and ocotober. I dont know where to look for this.This did not happen in the prior months, but this month it has happened. where can i start to troubleshoot. As a starting point i looked in the R/3 transfer profile and there is no date range or anything like that to specify. any ideas?

Thanks

anusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha, What you get in ECC depends on what you send from APO. As long as you release and past data from APO, ECC will receive it, not checking whether it's in the past or not. You can refer to note 403050 to understand what period is used for data release from APO. So to avoid getting forecast in the past at ECC side, you either control the release process so that no past period is released, or you use BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA, method CHANGE_RELDATA to delete the past forecasts by your own coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ada, i have looked at the SAP note and the tcode /SAPAPO/MC90 talks about the period for release into SNP. Do i need to look at the release profile in the demand planning job to look at what periods DP is taking into account the forecast to be released to ECC?

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Sorry for that. If you use DP demand planning job to release to R/3, the release period will be the whole planning horizon of the data view, which is the same as the "Release within the DP mass processing" in note 403050.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there not a way where we dont release the forecast for the whole planning horizon in the data view and instead it is only the months in future, upto what we choose?

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, you only have two options:

1) Create a data view which only contains future buckets, and use this data view specially for forecast release.

2) Use the BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA, method CHANGE_RELDATA to delete the forecasts in the past periods using your own coding.