cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in net price of billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Issue: When  billing document is created and if it has a discount / mark-up condition, then there a wrong unit price is derived for the last item in the billing document. (This happens in some cases).

Root cause: This is because the lead condition type "ZXXX" assigned with routine # "650" has the wrong condition base value updated during invoicing. The system picks up the condition base value from the sales order instead of picking it from the billing document which leads to this inconsistency (most probably.

Intially i tried replicating the above scenario in QAS, but i did not face any variances in unit price. then we compared the Z routine code from PRD with QAS/DEV/SANDBOX and there is no difference in code of any of the servers. The only possible way is to debug the incorrect invoice and check why system has derived at the wrong value. We cannot raise this issue to SAP since Z routine is used to derive at unit price and we cannot debug the incorrect invoices since business does not want us to debug and find out the root cause.

Can anyone advice on what all other ways to check on why the Z routine behaved differently in only some cases?

Regards,

Amit K S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When there is Z routine and code involved then there is only way to check that is debugging it. Why would your business not allow you to debug it? What is wrong in debugging it? I think you should convince them that this is customized calculating and we can check with debugging it. When there is no difference in PRD/DEV and QAS, I dont think so there is some other way around for checking this.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your point, but we tried convincing the business to allow us to debug but they have refused. Thats why i was forced to post this thread in SCN.

Thanks for your reply

Regards,

Amit K S

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If debugging option is not available, you can try as follows:-

Go to that billing document and double click on that condition type.  Now you can see a screen where under the tab Condition Values, check what value system is showing.  

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You say "is derived for the last item in the billing document", so, it sounds there is a problem related with you need to clear some variable.

Please, check these notes

SAP Note 24832 - Pricing rules / TVCPF (check the redetermination of conditions, you can do it with userexits, so, force it is you understand it is needed)

SAP Note 1022966 - FAQ for the 'Subto' column (KZWIW) in the pricing procedure (use these subtotal fields in SO and billing document, and compare them, if you don't have enough with 6 fields, see SAP Note 155012 - Further subtotal fields in pricing).

If it's possible let us know your coding for the VOFM 650 and where it's working (the screenshot for the pricing procedure).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: My apologies, I forgot to mention SAP Note 201830 - Calculation of the net price of an item. Check it also.