cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BI&BW is related to SAP HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am divya. i am from B.tech (cse) background.I am interested to do SAP hana but i am fresher to SAP world.

i want know BW is mandatory  to learn for SAP hana?

regards,

Divyajyothi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP HANA is an innovative in-memory data platform that is deployable on-premise as an appliance, in the cloud, or as a hybrid of the two. SAP HANA is the ideal platform for performing advanced, real-time analytics while simultaneously handling real-time transaction workloads.

The Predictive Analysis Library (PAL) is a built-in and native SAP HANA library to perform in-database data mining and statistical calculations, designed to provide excellent performance on large data in real-time applications

Application Function Library (AFL)

Pre-delivered commonly utilized business, predictive and other types of algorithms for use in projects or solutions that run on SAP HANA. The technology framework enabling the use of these algorithms is called the Application Function Library. AFL functions run in the core of SAP HANA in-memory DB.What are it’s benefits? These algorithms can be leveraged directly in development projects, speeding up projects by avoiding writing custom complex algorithms from scratch. AFL operations also offer very fast performance, as AFL functions run in the core of SAP HANA in-memory DB, where they have been specifically optimized for performance.

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bw Is not mandatory to learn HANA. You need to have Basic Database  knowledge like SQL,ORACLE.

Coming to Your Question : Is BI & bw Related to HANA : No .

Regards,
Seshu.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you... seshu

In SQL,ORACLE  which topics we concentrate more?

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

GO through below document once in SCN

The Road to HANA for Software Developers

in  SAP HANA DEVELOPER CENTER.

You will get all details including materials on SQL,Oracle, and trial versions and relevant information related to HANA.

Regards,
Seshu.P