cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDOC to XML xCBL scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a scenario in which PI will receive idoc from SAP ECC and it will transformed to 3rd party system in XML xCBL standard fromat.

Can anyone please suggest how to implement this scenario from SAP PI to Target system and which receiver adapter can be used to send XML xCBL message to target system.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Danish,

It would be best to ask the third party (target system) which protocols they are supporting. xCBL is an XML format, so Plain HTTP/s, SOAP, FTP(s), SFTP, AS2, Proxy (if SAP System) should be possible as your protocols.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply..

Just as an understanding.. Suppose 3rd party says HTTP/s

Then my scenario will IDOC to HTTP ? or I need to do something else to convert xml message from PI to xCBL message before sending to 3rd party.

Please confirm.

Thanks in advance!!

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Danish,

That is correct, if it is HTTP/s then you have a choice between Plain HTTP Adapter or SOAP Adapter in nosoap mode. The message mapping will take care of converting the IDoc to xCBL.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark.

Last query, Graphical mapping will be enough to convert IDOC to xCBL?? Please confirm.

Regards

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Danish,

Yes, it should be enough. However, I have experienced in some xCBL mappings where the client required a namespace that is different from the one outputted in PI. For example: Instead of <ns0:Purchase_Order xmlns:ns0="namespace">, they need <sup:Purchase_Order xmlns:sup="namespace"> if that is the case you need to add java mapping/xsls mapping to replace ns0 with sup. They are of course semantically equal.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help..:)