SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check not happening at the time of shopping cart creation in SRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are on SRm 4.0 Classic scenario and we have implemented the BCS Funds managemnet in ECC 6.0

When we are trying to create a shopping cart in SRM system with cost center assignmnet , we get a warning message: Item 00001 contains commitment item with financial transaction other than.

Actually here the commitment item is created with financial transaction: 30 where the budget check need to happen. All the derivation rules are corrcetly maintianed in ECC 6.0 system. This is because when we try to create the PR in ECC 6.0 system teh budget check is happening properly. The issue is only with the case of Shopping cart creation in SRM System.

This issue we have identified in UAT and need to resolve this ASAP.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rajesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you enter e shopping cart, do you have FM document (pre-commitment) posted along? If not, please, read and follow the instructions in 900825  - Shopping cart commitment

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you enter e shopping cart, do you have FM document (pre-commitment) posted along? If not, please, read and follow the instructions in 900825  - Shopping cart commitment

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Many thanks for your quick response. We are trying to check the implication of the note with our SRM team and will get back to you if we need any further help.

To eloborate more on the issue, this behaviour ( where the commitment item is showing as non check even though its not) is observed only with few user ids. With other ids when we try to create the shopping cart in SRM system with the same assignments the budhet check is happening normally. Also this is the case only when we give cost center as assignment. If we give the internal order as assignment and with the same GL account the budget check is happening normally with all the ids.

We are not able to understand the system behaviour.

Please provide your inputs.

Best Regards,

Vamsee.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you happy with the eventual FM objects which are derived in this event? You can put a trace in FMDERIVE in order to see if the rules are OK.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

In ECC 6.0 once i put the trace in FMDERIVE, it is deriving the correct FM objects. The problem is only with the schopping creation (with cost center and GL as assignment )in the SRM system where  the commitment item is showing as non check. In fmderive once i put the trace in ECC 6.0 it is deriving the correct funds center and commitment item ( which is not a non check)

Best Regards,

Vamsee.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm still a bit confused... Are you saying that when posting SRM cart, the commitment item derived is not correct or it is correct and simply the budget is not checked? If the last is right, then refer to the note I gave; otherwise, check the derivation rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

When posting the SC, SRM system throws an waring message that " Item 00001 contains commitment item with financial transaction other than".

Once this cart is craeted and converted to PR we couldnt find any FM line items generated and hence we couldnt see the commitment item picked.

However with the same assignments when i create the PR in ECC 6.0 it is picling the correct commitment item and funds center and the budget check is happening.

We are also contacting on SAP on the implication of the note you have provided.

Best Regards,

Vamsee.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... Well, check the note I gave and if it still does not work, get back.