cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chemical Industry Captive Sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I already viewed few threads discussed on the captive sale but i am not able to get an exact solution out it.

Am Currently implementing in chemical processing industry

Scenario is (e.g) They Manufacture Fg good "a" and Fg good "b" using these two they manufacture Fg good "c" for Sale.

Please advice on mapping this scenario in SAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scenario is (e.g) They Manufacture Fg good "a" and Fg good "b" using these two they manufacture Fg good "c" for Sale.

If finished goods A and finished goods B are not saleable materials then they are not finished goods for you. For production or inventory they might be are finished goods but from sales point of view they are not. So you will follow the normal sales process with material C.

If material A and B can be sold separately then they will work like semi finish good and you have to extend them for sales views separately. As suggested by Lakshmi sir please explain your requirement in some more detail.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

As above the A and B are Salable Materials in the business, With Due course of Chemical reaction They Combine The A Finished Good and B Finished Good make it React and Get a C Finished good which is sold , Anyway C will be Created as FG material which is Standard.

This A and B are to be created again with different Material code grouping under Semi Fg goods ? there is no such Semi finished goods processed or sold.

Please advice further

Thanks.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From your explanation it seems like all of three materials are finished goods. No need to create any semi finish good here and no need to create two material masters for one material.

Since all three materials are saleable then you have to maintain all of three for sales views.

Please give me answers of following questions for more clarification.

How they mix material A and B and create C? What is the process in SAP? Are they doing this through production order or is there any other process in SAP? How they consume A and B when they create material C.

What is their requirement from costing point of view? How do they want to post and see the cost of material C?

Answer these questions so that I can suggest you further. From sales point of view there is no issue but when we are dealing with sales, there are costing and profitability documents being created at the time of SD invoice so these things need to be clear before further processing.

Thank$

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am confused.  Isn't captive sales where an organisation in the company is required to use A and B materials to produce C.  They therefore have no alternative but to follow this process.

Regards

Waza

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From SD point of view, material "C" should be extended for sales view and that is the salable material with a different part number.  Can you please explain what exactly you want to address in SAP from Business point of view.

G. Lakshmipathi