Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Recover Deleted Node in SPRO IMG s_img_extension

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

we have mistakenly deleted a standard node of Sales and Distribution from S_IMG_EXTENSION tcode using:

1. Selected Sales and Distribution Node from help menu (IMG structure filed)

2. Right clicked on the Explanatory Structure Field and selected the delete from drop down menu.

Now its vanished from the SPRO.. How to get it back?

We have tried using tcodes SHI3 and SMIGH but of no avail. Please let us know how to recover this or any other way around for this. This would be a great favor for us.

Thank$

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

' MoazzaM ', I've faced similar issue in which by mistake one major Node of IMG has been deleted. What you need to do 1st is to create a new Structure in SHI3. System will prompt to you the next screen in which you nee to give the Title as 'Sales and Distribution', give Structure type as 'IMG' and Root Node type as 'IMG0'. Click on Save and after giving the package save your Workbench request. Now the next step would be going in SIMGH. Find the IMG structure by clicking on F4 help and you need to search 'SAP Customizing Implementation Guide' now go to change IMG Structure option, select the language as 'English' and proceed further. Create the activity 1st in main Structure at Sub Node level, give the ID, Name, Document Name and Document Class that you can get from your other client by going to 'SIMGH' and right clicking on Node in order to display technical info. It will bring all the lower level nodes if you'll assign just existing substructure in general structure repository. Rest you can take help from these below mentioned links too which i'm sure will lead you towards the soln. Thanks.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/9a/b7b2375ca97f68e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/13/54e33850cb11d395cf00a0c930dcc1/content.htm

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Ammarah. I will check it tomorrow and will update my findings here.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although it was tricky but Its done with your support. Thank you for the guidance and letting me know this new thing

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know that your issue has been resolved, for me it was a very panic situation when i faced similar issue and after finding this that one major repository structure has been deleted from IMG path but as impossible itself says that i'm possible so i found the soln. at my own accord with developer's help. Since i didn't got any soln. for the same over this space hence i'll try my best to share the document too so that it would be helpful for others who faced the similar issue. Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam / Ammarah,

I am facing similar issue. I deleted the custom IMG structure while trying to delete an enhancement ID under it. The structure doesn't even appear in other client of the development system but we have the same in another support system.

I tried following the steps mentioned by you in the solution but I am not able to find the document ID, Name and Class of the node from other system.

Can any one of you please tell how to find the Document ID, name and class?

Or may be any other solution to retrieve the deleted structure.

Thanks

Pushpender Raghav

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you tried creating & importing transport from any similar system in your landscape for this IMG structure?

Thanks,

Manish Singh

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No dear. I have done this in my test system which is not part of any landscape system.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can still create transport from any of your landscape system which has same component with same sp level and migrate to this test system.

Thanks,

Manish Singh

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me check this with my BASIS guy. I will update you Manish. Thank you for your support.

Thank$