Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom time-out warning for Shopping Cart

flowers_candys
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I'm new to SAP SRM world and I need your expertise to achieve the custom time-out functionality at any step while creating a shopping cart.

A warning message should be displayed for users that are about to timeout of their active shopping cart. This message should be displayed before the timeout occurs and should contain a countdown until the session will timeout.

If the user doesn’t respond then the system should check if there are items in the shopping cart, if items exist in the shopping cart, then the system should auto save their work. The user should then receive a message that the shopping cart has been saved and the warning message should contain the shopping cart number. If items do not exist, then give the user the standard  message that the system has timed out.

How can I achieve this functionality?

What should be the approach to technically achieve this?

Do I need to make use of BAdIs? Do I need to modify the Dynpro components?

Thank you, Malhaar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malhaar,

you should pay attention, that timeout of portal session and WDA application are different timeouts.

Regards

Konstantin

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malhaar,

you may need to enhance WebDynpro Components with adding a TimeTrigger on it. With timer you can trigger desired actions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/da/a6884121a41c09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Konstantin