cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have to develop around 7 interfaces on JDBC to Proxy Scenarios.(Pi 7.0)

Among them i completed one interface.

My question is can i use the same Xi adapter for the remaining Interface.

If i can  then do i have to configure any settings?

Regards,

Anirban Das

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

I agree with Matrk, there is not any problem to share the same XI communication channel if you develop it in a communication component that can be used as receiver business component for all your scenarios. On the other hand, you should consider if all scenarios are inside in the same business logic, in other words, if you would need to stop one communication channel because you third part system would need it, for example a FI-CO basis upgrade, do you need to stop all or only a part of them?, if the business logic is different I will put them in different communication channels.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi inaki,

For Anirban, proxy is a Receiver CC. So the stopping of different scenarios can be done easily by stopping the different Sender CC. No need to stop also the receiver CC !

So Anirban, you can go on reusing your proxy Receiver CC.

regards

Mickael 

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anirban,

If you'll be sending all of the interfaces to one receiver, then you can reuse the same XI adapter. Of course you need to configure settings:

e.g host, service number a.k.a port, path = /sap/xi/engine?type=receiver

You could also use HTTP Destination, but you need to create the RFC destination (Type H) in SM59 of your XI system.

Regards,

Mark