Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFolders - Correction of Document without downloading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have the following requirement. Pls help

An excel document is attached to the folder created in one of the colloboration secenario. I want the user to correct the content of the file

without downloading the document like we do in DMS .. CV02n transaction code.

Is the above secenario possible. if yes pls send me the step or the configuration

Thanks

Vidhyadharan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhyadharan,

As told by Ulf Petzel, there is an option to checkout & check-in files(online editing) in cFolders.

Pre-requisite:

1) Java software should be available in your local PC

2) In user settings - You should have tickmarked 'Plug-in" under 'General tab'.

3) Software should be available to open the document .xls in your local PC

if 1 & 2 is done, then following screen will appear in the document created, where you have to click on 'Check out' button to edit the documents online. After doing changes, save the file and click on 'Check-in' to select the options 'Create as new version' or 'overwrite the existing version'.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi, but when I click on checkin and save a new version  does it overwrite the existing file or does it create a new file with version. I have found out it overwrites the existing file. I dont want to overwrite the existing file , but create a new one with version no. Is it possible

Regards

Vidhyadharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for the help I am able to see the versions of the document now. I need your help on one more count i.e I am going to create two new users one with administrator right and the other as user "MKT001". The administrator will create the colloboration secenario eg "ANOV13". There are many other users accessing cFolders. Once they login they should not see the colloboration secenario "ANOV13" except the user MKT001.

How do I control the above secenario. Please help

Regards

Vidhyadharan

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as long as the other users are not explicitly added to a collaboration, they do not see the collaboration. This is also the case for your collaboration ANOV13. Only admin users and super users see all collaborations.

Regards, Ulf.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhyadharan,

Whoever creates collaboration will get "Admin' rights to that particular collaboration by default and if you want to provide access to one more user "MKT001" explicitly, then you need to go that collaboration(above root folder) and navigate to authorisations and provide that user with either read/write/admin access.

By doing this, 2 users are having access to the collaboration.

Apart from this, there are super users(As told Ulf) who has got authorisation object ACO_SUPER(with admin/write/read activity and object type 'col') will be able to see all the collaborations available in the cFolder system.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

My os is window7 64 bit. I tried uploading the documet from my local pc  to cFolders. When I click continue (Upload local file)  prompt for selecting the file from my local pc doesn't appear. No action or response from the cFolders.

Check in file

Navigation : Version overview

Current path Ho_FINANCE>TAXATION>NEW DOCUMENT> Check in file

It stop there. What should I do pls help

Regards

Vidhyadharan

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhyadharan,

The java plugin is having issue here. We also had the same problem sometime ago, this was resolved after we installed java latest version of 32 bit.But uninstall the 64bit, restart & then install the 32bit version.

Kindly try & let us know.

Note: It is always recommended to create a new post for new questions, so that there is relevance for the subject of the post & the answers.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks Followed the idea given.. but still when I click the document and continue it takes a long time to get the select file to upload dialog box. Please do you have trick up your sleeve to make it faster

Initially I got a small window with lots of statments like this

missing cAPPs..files missing with the url address of the cFolders.

Regards

Vidhyadharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Forgot to add the messages when I try to upload the msg.

missing permissions manifest attribute for : http://my cfolder url/bc/bsp/sap/cfx_rfc_ui/cFilesApp.jar

missing codebase manifest attribute for : http://my cfolder url/bc/bsp/sap/cfx_rfc_ui/cFilesApp.jar

missing permission manifest attribute for : http://my cfolder url/bc/bsp/sap/cfx_rfc_ui/cFilesApp.jar

and it takes long time to open the document.

Regards

Vidhyadharan

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhyadharan,

Which version of cFolders you are using?

You can refer the below note for this issue.

1034072 - Documents applet cProjects/cFolders

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

cFolder version 4

Thanks

Vidhyadharan

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KPV,

Have you deleted the cFilesapp.jar from your system & uploaded the new version as per the above SAP note?

Note: Take backup of file cFilesapp.jar before deleting it from your system(refer note for details).

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi/Ulf,

In my case also, when clicked on checked out, I get a message "the file is checked out and is available to edit in the favourited folder. but unfortunately noting is available.

I have the latest Java version uploaded, but still there is no message nor a pop up. Please help me in activating all the 3 icons (download, check out anf chrrck in

Rgfd,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check out and check in the Excel file, or download and upload it as a new version,depending on how you store the documents in cFolders and if you have activated the plug-in for file processing:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm50/helpdata/en/2c/cf676a4da0804ab41267343b060a1a/content.htm?frameset...

All options for document handling are described at below link, including usage of web application server or distributed content server architecture, mass uploads, usageof FTP server, ....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm50/helpdata/en/89/b6f0876f44b74a9feb844ead4f7285/content.htm?frameset...

Regards, Ulf.