Hi,.

what is CIM?can u tell me about CIM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The CIM standard is a general schema for describing the elements in a system landscape. This standard is independent of any implementation

SLD is contains the comonent information and landscape description and name reservation based on CIM standards which is standard Distribution Management Task Force(DMTF) and Object oriented model approach.

see to get more details www.dmtf.org

Also see the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ee/e905e7f42b46b6a900377c0746385a/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Message was edited by:

Chandra Sekhar Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Common Information Model. it is standareed defined by DMTF .Distrubted management Task force. this is based on Object Oriented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SLD is a central repository of information about softwares and systems in the date center, expressed in a standard schema called the Common Information Model(CIM).

The Common Information Model (CIM) is a standard of the DMTF (an industry consortium whose goal is to enable management of IT systems in distributed environments using web standards) and is based on the object-oriented modeling approach. This standard provides an implementation-neutral schema to describe management information within a computing environment. For more information about CIM and DMTF, see www.dmtf.org.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

CIM is meant by Common Information model, XI has developed the SLD is for central repository of information about software and system in the data center, expressed in Common information model.

CIM was developed by DMTF(Distributed Management Task Force).It is an industry consortium whose goal is to enable management of IT systems in distributed environment using webstandars.

Hope I am clear.

Please let me know if you have any queries..!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.