cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching a Personas flavor directly from other transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to launch a Personas flavor directly from another transaction? I've modified SMEN to be a launch screen for frequently used transactions and would like those transactions to launch directly into other Personas flavors (I don't want to set the target flavors as defaults for those transactions as I may have more than one flavor per transaction). I've checked the scripting options but nothing appears to stand out and recording doesn't work as it only records GUI related commands, not anything in relation to Personas itself.

Thanks,

Glenn De Santis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no nice way to do this currently.

You can create ShortLinks in the Admin UI, and specify both transaction and flavor there, and then launch them as URLs from a launch button. But they'll likely open in a new browser tab or window, which isn't ideal.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, not ideal at all unfortunately - the link works ok but it prompts you to logon again and reset the Silverlight cache.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wouldn't have expected the need to login again - that certainly doesn't happen for me. But a new tab/window does mean loading Silverlight all over again and that takes a while. I know no other way to do this at the moment, I'm afraid.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glenn,

looks like security .... did you add your URL for personas to the trusted sites in Internet Explorer ?!

regards

Bart

Answers (0)