cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Message mapping for 2 external structures?

nilambari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on the following scenario:

Source (ECC)                          Target (Third Party)

Custom Proxy                          CreateResource

UpdateResource

There is a single custom proxy in ECC. Depending on the value in the "status" field of the proxy, either CreateResource or UpdateResource structure should be selected.

Whats the best way to achieve this? Could it accomodated in the same message mapping?

The target communication method is web service.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilambari,

If you have one proxy with the two operations inside you will only need a 1:1 mapping, however if you have different proxies you will need 1:n mapping as Ambrish said. You could choose between one or another inside the mapping or in Receiver determination or ICO with a rule condition as Tuncay said.

From my point of view, if you can decide the receiver side structure i would do only one proxy that it accepts the two structures, creating one that it contains the two mentioned.

Regards.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can accommodate in one mapping. Create structure as below.

Record - 0 to Unbounded

CreateResource - 0 to unbounded

UpdateResource - 0 to unbounded

In Mapping from source to target - use node function CreateIf to create target structure based out of status field.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

tuncaydin
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nilambri,

You can create Local Rule in Receiver Determination in Integration Builder.

also you can check ;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Regards,

Tuncay

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use two different message mappings/operation mappings and select them in interface determination via xpath.

Regards,

Mark

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilambri,

You need to do 1:n mapping. Choose Create resource in one message out of WSDL and Update resource in another message. Either of them will be triggered depending on Status field.

cheers

Ambrish