cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check The PO Attachment is Stored in SAP Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Expert,

I have problem with SAP Content server. I have configured in OAC0, OACT, and SKPR08.

OAC0

Create Content Repository Z_HHTP

OACT

Change "Content Rep." in category SOFFHTTP to Z_HTTP

SKPR08

Fill SOFFHTTP in "New cat" in class SOFFPHIO

In report RSCMST, all tests for content repository Z_HTTP are green.

But when i tried to attach files documents in ME21N, i'm not sure the attachment was stored in SAP Content Server.

I looked in Database Manager, the "Data Area" size not increased.

How to check or make sure the documents is stored in SAP Content Server?

Or there is missing configuration should i do?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Husin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Expert,

Any suggestion on this?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Husin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Husin

PDF's, .doc, excel, ppt, etc can be stored with your configuration in content server, but .txt files will be stored on the database itself.

In SKPR08, Maintain SOFFPHIO's old category as SOFFDB and new as Z_HTTP. This can be done in the table SDOKPHCL.

Thanks

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VK,

Thanks for your information.

I have done your suggestion about SKPR08 before. And file doc pdf and txt can be stored to SAP CS. There is requirement txt file also can be stored to SAP CS. So is there anyway to store txt file in SAP Content server? Is it possible?

Best Regards,

Husin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Husin

I am not sure if it is possible, but I tried to store the .txt file to SAP CS, but it always used to store in SAP Database.

Regards

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VK,

It also happened to me. So i think sap store txt file in dedicated database in SAP.

I want to ask you some thing out of this, how to list down files which are stored in SAP Content Server.

Now i am still learn to use HTTP Interface. some references state we can user HTTP interface to do that.

Thanks Very Much.

Regards,

Husin

0 Kudos

Dear Husain,

You can store PO attachments in CS using Archivelink.

Create document type in OAC2 and assign document class as per requirement.

Create a repository like ZA in OAC0

link this repository and doc type to object type BUS2012 in OAC3

In Me23n, so to Sevices for object and use store business document to upload the docuement.

I hope this will solve your problem.

regards,

Atul Tulaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Husin

What is your file storage type? Is it Unix or Windows? If you want to list down the scanned attachments, you have to check in TOA01 or TOAHR tables based on your area and list by Content repository.

If you are looking for manual attachments, you have to check in the table SOOD.

Or you can login to the content repository at OS level and list down all the attachments based on content repository.

Pls let me know in case of any questions.

Thanks

VK

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

How did you attach the file in ME21N ? Did you choose the top left corner icon "Services Objects"

to attach the file.

In such a case your file will be stored in SAP database and not Content server database.

You may need to configure respective business objects and link them to the content respository you  created. Configuration details can be found in OAC2, OAC3 tcodes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for you help. finally i can verify the attachment stored in SAP Content Server.

But the attachment must be .docx files. i assume it may be related with SOFFPHIO class (SAP Office).

Am i right?

If i want files with extension *.txt  *.pdf will stored SAP Content server also, what should i do?

because first time i tested with txt and pdf file, that files not stored in SAP Content Server.

Your suggestion will be a valuable input for me.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Husin