cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified sca file is missing from NWDI and OS level. How to create it again.

former_member197700
Participant
0 Kudos

The upgrade of a Portal system (7.0 -> 7.4) is stuck until I provide a deployable archive for SAP_ESS at the target release level.  Component SAP_ESS  is under NWDI control, but this Portal system came from a merger years ago, and we don't have their NWDI system or their sca files.  My question:

Can I export an SCA file somehow out of the Portal system (e.g. using Visual Admin, configtool, Netweaver Administrator)?

Once I have their SCA file, I believe I can proceed by  importing it into our NWDI system along with the standard SAP sca, compare the two, and apply the differences to the new release level.

Warm Regards,

CM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"exporting" SCAs (with or without sources) from the j2ee engine is not possible. Even if you could, it holds only the "runtime objects". The custom sources are only available in the DTR where it was developed (or if the software has been assembled by them once including the sources, and you have that SCA, then you can do it, but reading the title of this post I assume this is not the case).

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Clifton,

You cannot export the SCA from the portal. SAP_ESS is a huge SC (~500 megs) that contains hundreds of DCs. You will need to download SAP_ESS 633 and its dependency SAP PCUI_GP 633 from Service Marketplace.

If there are no modifications to be made to the ESS code, you can deploy these SCs directly to the portal. Otherwise, you will have to import them into the NWDI, apply your custom changes, etc. If you have a lot of custom changes, you may want to look at the ABAP version of ESS as the Java version is in maintenance mode.

Stefan