cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservice -> XI -> SAP(BAPI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have one scenario using webservice, in this one i will post some input through webservice to BAPI which is in sap R/3 , and bapi output to publish using webservice, i have no idea of webservice, or how to use webservice in this scenario. Could you please help me in doing this one.

Regards

Pradeep P N

null

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give some clarifications?

Are you intending to call an External Webservice from XI or is it that you need to expose an interface in XI as a webservice so that an external application can send data to XI.

The design of your interface depends on this particular requirement.

DO you need to invoke a Webservice from XI or ,.

Do you need to create a webservice / expose a interface as a webservice so that an external appliaction can start the call to XI?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have one scenario using webservice, in this one i will post some input through webservice to BAPI which is in sap R/3 , and bapi output to publish using webservice, i have no idea of webservice, or how to use webservice in this scenario. Could you please help me in doing this one.

Regards

Pradeep P N

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

You still have not answered the question,

1. Are you calling a webservice from XI using the receiver SOAP adapter

or,

2. Is your requirement that you need to create a webservice in XI and allow an external application to trigger the call to XI?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i will explain my scenario

In my scenario -- in which some parameters are passed to xi through webservice reuest, and BAPI have to called ,given some input parameter( that XI recieved from webservice),BAPI now the returned result ,these value r sent back to webservice as responce

can any can give me some input ,what configuration have to be done in IR & ID ?

regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

your sceanrio should be defined synchorouse.

create a Request and Response messgae type for Webserivces.

Import the BAPI into IR . create a message Interface for request and response and use sysnchourse . create a SOAP adapter and RFC adapter .

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got the requirement finally

Before giving the solution, what you are now trying to do is what in XI terminology is called , <b>"Expose an Outbound Interface as a Webservice in XI"</b>.

<b>Integration Repository</b>

Follow this blog HTTP - RFC and create all the Integration Repsoitory content as shown in this blog,

<a href="/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit">HTTP to RFC - A Starter Kit</a>

<b>Integration Directory</b>

This will be similar to a HTTP RFC , with just 2 added steps,

1. Create a Sender SOAP adapter and a Sender Agreement for the same.

2. Define a WSDL.

1 , is quite simple and is like any other SOAP adapter and Agreement.

2. To define the WSDL, look into section 3,,.2.2 of this document,

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a22024f79">How to use SOAP Adapter</a>.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the suitable blog

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Also see some links

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

/people/piers.harding/blog/2004/07/18/you-dont-need-to-use-soap-to-keep-your-rpc-clean

/people/david.halitsky/blog/2006/08/25/soa-vs-rfc-it-doesnt-have-to-be-charles-bronson-vs-henry-fonda

/people/himadri.chakraborty2/blog/2006/12/14/achieving-asbo-gbo-asbo-scenario-using-soap-adapter

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/05/31/how-to-use-client-authentication-with-soap-adapter

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

could you please tell me the configuratioj steps in Interface mapping for this scenario..?

regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

In Interace mapping: select the MessageInterafce (synchouse)which u created for WSDL as source side. in target side select the BAPI (this will request and response)for BAPI respose you will have BAPIname.response

you lcick fresh button you get the option request and reponse option . in request select the request mapping and click on resposne tab you select response mappping from (BAPI to Wenserices).

if you dont see any response tab their so some issuse with message interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see one message mapping request and message mapping for response

after that in Interface mapping use the Request tab - select the request mapping and select the response tab and select the response mapping

i hope it is clear.

see the below blog , exactly suitable

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Regards

Chilla

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your scenario would be a synchronous SOAP to RFC scenario.

You will need to configure a sender SOAP adapter and a receiver RFC adapter, sync call. Use the wsdl given by the webservice or an XSD which will be used by the sender system to send the request on the outbound side, and the RFC in the inbound side, Once this is done, for your outbound sync interface define a webservice, this is to be done in the Integration directory. Use this WSDL to send the request into SAP through XI from the source system, since it is a sync call the corresponding response is sent back from the RFC.

To configure the SOAP adapter and to define webservice for the message interface, see this how to guide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873...

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep,

As your problem I understood that your are giving some input to BAPI function module and you want out put (i.e respnse ) in webserive.

Fot that you create message interface( request and responce) as syncronous.

You give me your mail id I will send one form (webservice). In that form you put your interfaces and your input xml file. Then it will show the output in the webservice form which is picked form Bapi function module.

regards

manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Manoj

my mail id is mailpnpradeep@gmail.com

thanx...

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

see the below links

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/03/05/sendsimulate-xi-message-from-external-world

Consuming XI Web Services using Web Dynpro – Part II-/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/08/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-ii

Consuming XI Web Services using Web Dynpro – Part I -/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i

Regards

Chilla