cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple licenses and determinations procedures

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to set up a legal regulation with the following requirements:

Regulated materials when they are shipped outside of Europe need an Individual Validated License, an End User Declaration and for some countries an Import license has to be provided by the customer.

In order to do so, and to simplify the maintenance of the determination strategies I have created a NONEU country group and assigned the two first licenses (IVL, EUD) at that level. The third license (IMP) is assigned at country level.

The regulation uses the following determination sequence:

10 CD04 At Country Group/Control Class Level

20 CD02 At Country/Control Class Level

The problem there is that if I create the license at country level first, the document is released and disappears from the blocked documents worklist but red lights are still showing in the log from the existing document section as I still miss the two licenses defined at country group level.

Is that a bug or GTS normal behavior? Is the setup I want to do the correct way to proceed?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance for any valuable input there.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

Just to be sure: Have you ticked the option "Check Multiple Licence Types" in the customizing ?

(I am quite sure you did but it is better to have your confirmation )

Another lead to a possible solution is to use the option "Cascade Active Within Approval Type Determination". This option lets you choose in which sequence the licence are to be checked.

Let us know if any of the above information helps.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

0 Kudos

Hello Mouaz,

I've indeed checked the box "Check Multiple License Types"

I've also played with the option "Cascade Active Within Approval Type Determination" but it didn't change anything as well.

The problem is the same, as soon as I clear license(s) that are determined at country group level, the system releases the order without considering the license(s) that are determined and expected at country level.

Regards,

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

mmm... that's weird...

What happens if you re-check the document after you have assigned the licence at country level ? Does the system issue a red traffic-light for the other missing licences ? Could you please share the log after the re-check of the document ?

If we are not able to help you find the root cause of this issue then I guess this issue is worth to open a new OSS call...

0 Kudos

Mouaz,

Here are some screenshots. There I have three licenses, two defined at country group level and one at country level.

If I clear the one at country level the order is released and the log in "existing documents" still displays the two licenses at country group level in red.

If I clear the two licenses at country group level, the order is released and the log in "existing documents" doesn't even show the missing license at country level:

Here is the initial log in blocked documents when no licenses are created:

Here is the log in existing docs when the license at country level is created:

Here is the log in existing docs when licenses at country group level are created:

If you can at least confirm what is normal system behavior and what is not, I'll probably open an OSS message then.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Can you please check having CD02 as sequence#10 and CD04 as 20? Might be silly. But just wanted to see if that makes any difference.

Should be okay to change the sequence because you need both the determination procedures to be checked?

Regards

Dhilipan

0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

I've also tried to reverse the order in the sequence but it didn't change anything, same result but the other way round.

For info, I just opened an OSS message about that issue/bug/strange behavior, will post what comes out of it.

Regards

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Just read this post, and was wondering if any feedback was given by SAP? We will probably need to set up a similar thing, so I'm very interstet in what the correct procedure is.

Thanks!

Corinne Stevens

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Make sure that the "Issuing Authority" is different for the Licence Types.  The system logic is that at least one Licence is required for each Issuing Authority.  If they are the same, then (as you found) any one Licence will release the document.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Yes, the three licenses have a different Issuing Authority but still, as soon as I create in the system the license determined with sequence 20 at country level then the document is released ignoring the licenses that are determined with sequence 10 at country group level.

It would work fine if I defined all the different licenses in the determination maintenance screen only at country level but that would make the maintenance really painful and avoids to take benefit of the country grouping option.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I'm really surprised at that.  When we talk about "Issuing Authority", let's be sure we mean the same thing.  I'm referring to the field (shown here) near the bottom of the License Type configuration:

If you also mean the same thing, then I would have to look in detail at the program code.  Please confirm - thanks.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

Dave,

That is the field I was referring to.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so which version of GTS are we talking about?

0 Kudos

Sorry I should have mentioned that earlier, it's 10.1 SP 9