cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operation modes error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like to change work process distribution for newly created operation mode and want to activate it.

I have created it and set the timetable but when i want to activate it. there is no change in sm50.

and when i check the log its showing me like this. can you tell me how can I fix this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tee,

To change the work process distribution:

• Choose CCMS Configuration Operation mode/instances. Alternatively, call Transaction RZ04.
  • Choose Instances/operation modes. In the list of productive instances, position the cursor on an operation mode name and choose Instance
  • ® Maintain instance ® WP distribution. The system displays the box CCMS: Maintain Work Process Distribution dialog box.
    • To change the work process distribution, position the cursor on the number of work processes, then choose ‘+’ or ‘-’. The work processes are redistributed automatically.
      Note 

You can only change the assignment of work processes to services in the Number of work processes group box. You cannot change the total number of work processes, or the start or system profiles.

• Save your changes. The changes will take effect when the operation mode is next activated.

BR,

Prabhakar

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tee,

Please import the profiles first using RZ10. Later perform the Operation mode changes.

In RZ04 please generate the profiles for your instance. This will ensure correct profiles are generated with correct number of work processes.

Later you can continue with the Operation mode configuration and switch.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tee,

This can be caused by profile/parameters inconsistency. Try importing the profiles from RZ10, from the Menu, click on Utilities, select Import Profiles of active servers.

1) Go to T-code RZ04 

2) click Instances/op.modes

3) click top menu Settings -> Based on current instance -> Existing instance -> Set

Also, please check this note

1885588 - Incorrect work process number is displayed for operation mode

Regards,

Adil

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is not possible to switch between operation modes, this is usually due to inconsistencies like if the number of work processes is defined differently in different places in the system. These are the instance profiles at operating system level, the instance profile in the database, and the definition of the operation modes themselves.

So you need to verify number of work process configured in system and in your operation mode. In screenshot, its is not correct, at one place it is 21 and another 31.

best regards

ashish

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

How are you activating it ?

Use Tx RZ03 for that.

To activate the operation mode - Tx RZ03 - Control - Switch Operation Mode

Regards

RB