cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Handler for WebDynpro Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to register an event handler on a WebDynpro Search Help (Standard Search Help, no OVS or Application defined) for event opened or closed?

I need to know whether the user is typing into the InputField manually or uses the SearchHelp. It would be also nice if I can react to the SearchHelp if the result table is empty (no search results).

I'm using wd_this->wd_get_api( )->register_on_enter_for_f4( register_on_enter = abap_true ) but this is also fired if the user is pressing ENTER on it owns so I don't knwo where the input comes from.

There is the class CL_WDR_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER which has two events that can fit for me (IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_FORWARD~VALUE_HELP_CALLED and IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_FORWARD~VALUE_HELP_CLOSED) but I don't know how to listen to this events from my View.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, It's possible to create listener for value_help_closed event. Check this blog by chris: http://scn.sap.com/blogs/chris.paine2/2010/07/13/asug-ui-influence-council-youre-wrong-well-sort-of-...

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you, this helps me a lot!

Is it possible to  react to the SearchHelp if the result table is empty (no search results)? I would like to show an popup "No entries found for XY. Would you like to create?" and close the SearchHelp.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This scenario can be done easily using OVS. Please deactivate DDIC search help and use OVS to achieve this.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this was my first idea but I'm not sure if I show a confirm popup within an OVS (Phase 2) and the user clicks on Yes or No, is it possible to close the SearchHelp window?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Its possible. I just created a document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49328 as it not possible to explain in the thread.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (0)