cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing to accounting document in credit card process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In credit card process when accounting document is created, customer is cleared at the same time. Can someone let me know where this setting is made. Where do we tell the system to clear the customer and create the document in such a manner?

Please share.

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes you have rightly pointed out there is a configuration to control it.

Check the Tcode OV87 Menu path : SPRO>IMG>Sales and Distribution>Billing>Payment Cards>Authorization and Settlement>Maintain Clearing House>Account Determination>Assign G/L Accounts

Just like Revenue account determination you can configure it as per your need but SAP has given you Two option

• 4 - General
  • 6 - SlsOrg/Card cat.

I hope this is clear to you.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

thanks for the reply.

I have made those setting, but the system is still not clearing the customer automatically.

Even the retain customer action in " Make Central Settings for Payment Cards" is active.

How and when does the system identify that it is a credit card document?

Thanks,

Kumar

former_member202002
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Do you see a posting to a Credit Card Receivable clearing account on the Accounting document?

When you look at the Invoice header, were the Authorization response details copied from the Order?  If you don't see any Authorization response details on the Invoice then SAP would not have had the information needed to post the Invoice to Accounting and clear the customer AR account.

Perhaps you need to ensure in configuration that you have the SD Invoice document type correctly associated with Payment Card Processing.

Check configuration step Sales and Distribution Billing->Payment Cards Authorization and Settlement Maintain Clearing House Account->Determination Maintain Procedures Assign account determination procedures (T-code OV88) and make certain you have the proper Account Determination Procedure assigned to your SD Billing Document type.

Regards,

Eric Bushman

Paymetric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no posting to the the clearing account.

account determination is assigned in OV88. I think the problem lies in the authorisation. In sales order -  authorization status is green "requirement met" but in billing the status is "accounting document is not created (no authorization)".

Is it possible for test purpose to generate some dummy authorization?

Regards,

Kumar.

former_member202002
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kumar,

If you have an Authorization response on the Sales Order that is still valid (not expired) and is equal to or greater than the Invoice amount then that Authorization should be copied from the Sales Order to the Invoice and then used to post the Invoice to Accounting.

There are several reasons why the Authorization would NOT be copied from the Sales Order to the Invoice and SAP would give you the error message you listed, "accounting document is not created (no authorization)". Here are 3 of the most common reasons:

• The Authorization is expired (based on your Authorization Validity Period configuration)
  • The Authorization is for less than the Invoice amount
  • The SD Billing Document type isn't properly configured (my prior response)

You can check these and see if any apply.  Another thing you can do is set a break-point in Function Module SD_CCARD_COPY_TO_INVOICE and debug that function module to see why the Authorization details are not being copied.  Specifically you can focus on the call to Function Module SD_CCARD_ASSIGN_OPEN_VALUES.  If the SY-SUBRC value that is returned from this function module is not '0' then something is not working properly, such as the 3 items I listed above.

Have a look at these items and let me know if any apply.

Regards,

Eric Bushman

Paymetric

Answers (0)