cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add/delete function in BRM

0 Kudos

Hello,

Error below appears when we link our roles to a GRC function (add/delete function button->select function-> select OK-> error message)

Also,

• the transactions do not appear in the action tab, except if we switch to the PFCG mode. Even in this case, the transactions are not sync with the backend role

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Julien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing similar issues while adding functions to role in BRM,

Checks/actions :

• SAP_ALL with batch user.
  • PRGN_CUST updated, generated.
  • manually added S_RFC permissions as well.
  • authorization sync done.
  • SPRO configurations are perfect, everything is checked several times.
  • error only with add/delete functions only
  • mapping connections is perfect, default systems in place.

But still no luck, appreciate if anyone has solutions or suggestion on this.

Regards,

CJS.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julien and Jayasimha

Is you SU24 data in the child system and synched? I only ask this as I saw similar post and some notes that referred to authorisation maintenance issues due to SU24 data not imported in child system properly. Here's one of the threads as an example:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2105640

If it's not this, you both have reported same issue - what SP are you on? There may be a need to raise message with SAP?

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

SP13. Message raised a few weeks ago, still no answer!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

ahhh a familiar topic... Hopefully one of the SAP employees on this forum might be able to check the customer messages and see if it can be progress

0 Kudos

Dear Colleen,

SU25 execution solved the issue.

Thanks for the inputs.

Regards,

CJS.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julien

CJS just reported back that running SU25 Steps 2A and 2B resolved the issue for them. Have you tried this in your system?

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Thanks, it is finally working!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien

We encountered the same issue.

*NOTE: If you do a trace on the RFC user in the target system, you will find that this user need to have PFCG assigned to him.

Therefore please assign PFCG to the RFC user in the target system you use for Authorization Maintenance.

This should resolve the issue.

Thanks

Will

0 Kudos

Hello Will,

Already thought to this point, but my RFC user is SAP_ALL.

Julien

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Julien

Do you have trusted systems in place? If so, SAP_ALL does not contain the S_RFCACL authorisation by default (unless you maintained PRGN_CUST and regenerate SAP_ALL). If this authorisation has caused issue, you will see ST22 short dump in plug-in system

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Also assigned;)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien

Colleen mentioned correctly, that SAP_ALL does not provide the RFC user with all the authorizations needed. (In the GRC 10 Security Guide all the authorizations for the RFC user is provided by SAP.)

We found that additional authorizations to object S_RFC was necessary for BRM functionality. In the Field Name RFC_FIELD, we ended with ' * ' value. Please see the screenshot. You could try this. (Also ensure that you yourself, have PFCG access in backend system as well.)

Regards

Will

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Not sure it is finally linked to auth because it's working fine when I call the PFCG and also for PFCG sync.

Furthermore, no missing auth in backend and connected system traces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definitely Configuration Issue!!!

Have you done all your configuration properly?

Post Installation steps for BRM

Have you Assigned connectors to the connector groups?

Have you added connector to required scenario?

Have you associated actions and assign default connectors?

Have you activated BC Sets?

Have you verified configuration parameters?

Have you gone through the checklist after finishing all the above?

Before jumping to any section, make sure you have done all the required configuration else you will have to post many queries like this!!!!

Best Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

The customizing looks fine, everything is working except this function