cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing issue; adding of two condition types (discounts)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Here is my problem. I have a requirement to add two discounts and calculate them at once. Here is an example to make things clear:

we have one product XXX with two discounts - customer discount and product discount

Customer discount is 10%.

Product discount is 5%.

So when I create sales order the calculation determines 10% from the base price and then 5% from the new base price.

What I need to do is to add those discounts into one and then calculate the discount. So it should be 15% out of the base price. Do you have any ideas how to do this? Maybe I should fix the calculation steps but I don't know how to set them. Any ideas will be highly appreciated and <text removed by Moderator. Please don't add any phrase or statement which tempt/favors for rewards or points>

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your discount will effect on same amount, then you can create one condition type for both.

And if your discount will effect separately, then you have to create two condition type.

If Gross value 500

Customer discount 10% = 50

And Product discount 5% = 25.

Then you can use this in one condition

Customer/Product discount 15% = 75.

But If you discount is like that

Gross value 500

Customer discount 10% = 50

Product discount will (500-50)X5% = 22.5.

Then you have to use two condition

Customer discount 10 % on Gross price.

Product discount will effect on Price after Customer discount.

Thanks

DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm almost done with the task thanks to your help. I just have one more question, I'll attach a screenshot in order to make things clearer;

Step 25 is the base price

Step 50-60 are special discounts
Steps from 100 to 150 are the types of discount I wanted to add. However, the scenario goes this way

Right after the applying of the discounts from 50 and 60 I need to apply the discounts from 100-150 on the price after it has been recalculated from 50-60step discount. Is this the proper alignment? I mean should the steps be 100? And should I insert something in the SubTo Column or not?

Thanks for the replies!

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

No relevance with adding sub total field as per your requirement. Your updates of 100 seems perfect also.

Correct From field next to 50 and 60 steps, update from field as 25 instead 10 in both the steps.

Also, just suggestion, I had found Glynn C William (SAP Sales and Distribution) book very awsome to learn pricing.

You can try the same parallel and get detailed understanding.

Regards,

MJ.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

Yes this is the proper way!

You don't need to add any SubTotal.

SubTo stores the value, in order to do some calculations further (like update the credit limit of customer etc.). This is not a mandatory field.

From a concept level - in field From, press F1 and read the SAP F1 Help.

From value is the base value for a condition type.

On the base value, a discount of 5% can be calculated etc.

Added: MJ is correct about step 50 and 60, both these should have From = 25 (instead of 10). As your base price is at step 25.

Thanks MJ

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue color

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

Steps 50 and 60 are for discount condition types, why have you assigned Account key ERL (Revenue)?

For step 50, why have you assigned AltCal Type 7?

Any specific reason?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your screen shot is fine.

I have maintain this , this is working fine as per your requirement.

Thanks

DEV

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can calculate them separately by adding two discount conditions and giving BASE amount step number in both of them. With this system will calculate discount 10% and 5% separately and then you can add them in below step. For this you just need to do settings in from to steps. Your purpose is to calculate discount and post them in two different GL or in same? If in different then assign account key to both condition types and if in same then add them in new step and assign account key to that step.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

So let's see if I got this correct:

Step

10    PR00 Base Price -                      from

40    Z111 Customer Discount - 10%     10

50    Z222 Product Dicount - 5%           10

60                                                      40 to 50

Is this the right scenario?

If the price is 100$, I need to have 15% (Z111+Z222) and not first 100$ x 10% and then 5% on top of the new price.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is correct and you are on right track. Now try this in system and let me know what you find. From your explanation I got this that this would work exact the way you want.  At 60 you will have 15% discount amount.

Thank$

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is right process.

You can continue.

But remember Line 60 contains only total discount charges.

You have to give the Net amount from 10 to 50.

Thanks

DEV