Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book rationalisation

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have several planning books and now thinking to merge all in one so will need to include all the key figures and macros from old data views to the new data views.

I am experiencing the issue when I copied the macros. I see some macros are not picking the correct key figure in the new data view and some macros are not taking the correct date range.

Do macros identify the key figure by name or by the sequence they are listed in the data view.?

Thank you,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat, in macro, we only recognize the so-called 'index' of  the lines and columns.

You can activate the below setting of your SAP GUI to see the indexes.

Then in the macro book (/sapapo/advm), when you double click a line/column, you'll see the indexes of all the lines/columns:

So if the dataviews have different index for the same row/column, you'll need to take special care of it.

Besides, you also need to take special care of auxiliary key figures for the same reason. Please refer to KBA 1805579.

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for your reply. From where I can activate the indexing you mentioned. What is the t-code?

And also why the macros are taking the different date range even though the two data views ( old and new) are having different TB profile ID but same periodicity.

Thanks

Prabhat

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, the setting is not in a certain T-code, it's a SAP GUI setting. You push the button, and select "options ...", then you'll find the setting as per my attached screenshot.

For the date range, maybe it's because you're using different TB profile ID. First check in the two macro books, whether the have the same index for the same period.

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

What is KBA 1805579?

Another point is I checked the macros with index and found in one macro that the key figures are copied correctly but still they have different index (in source data views and target data views) so how you can say that this index affects the macro copy?

Thanks,

Prabhat

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, KBA is some kind of consulting note without code correction. It focus on providing solutions to specific issues. You can view it the same way as SAP note.

Regarding the column index ... I just made a guess because I could not see the issue by myself.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

In macros, the KFs are identified by their sequence in the planning book or data view.

So, whenever you copy the macros or changing the sequence of KF in the planning, we must be very careful to adjust the macros accordingly.

Regards,

Manimaran M.