cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem when printing smartform to pdf using PDF! (Azerbaijani letters)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, group members.

We noticed very awful problem. So I will try to describe our problem.

When we try print smartform using print preview everything is OK. But after we try simulate print (create pdf) some national letters does not match correctly. I think screenshots can describe problem more understandable.

But when we want simulate print process using PDF! command problem occurred.

Problem with some national chars like ş,İ,ğ,Ə. We already try to solve it using RSTXPDF2 and SPAD but unfortunately we can correct only ə symbol.

I think the problem based on printer device, but I don't know how can I correct it.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think our sap release version can not support ş,İ,ğ,Ə?.

Our sap release version is 700.

What do you thin of it?

but little "ə" character we see in pdf.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think perhaps the true type fonts installed via RSTXPDF2UC do not support the characters. Did you upload all the font files attached to SAP note 1817893 via report RSTXPDF2UC?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We can solved the problem. Problem was solved installing the correct fonts. You must install italic, bold and also bolditalic fonts. Thank you for everybody.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For PDF conversion via unicode device type SWINCF, it is necessary to embed dome fonts into the PDF file for certain language characters. You should upload the true type fonts attached to SAP note 1817893 via report RSTXPDF2UC. After this try again and check if the PDF file is correct.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We checked all of this metod which you showed.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3454942

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to update device type according to Note 1866491 - Changes to device type SWINCF.

Former Member
0 Kudos