cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily EM LoggedInUser Count for Java application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have 4 different application servers for Consumer Portal. All the users access the system via Portal only. We dont use Web dispatcher, but a third party software for load balancing.

In order to understand how many users logged in on a particular day or time, we use google analytics.

Is there any way i can use Wily EM to populate that data. If yes, I am at the current path but not sure if that is correct as the value i am currently getting is in Negative

SAP Netweaver--> <SID>_J<>_server<> --> SAP J2EE --> User Management --> SAPJ2EE Authenticator --> LoggedInUser --> Count

Regards

Aditya Khorana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we have been using IT Performance reporting Users Logged On" report, in the "User Activity" table for the above scenario?

please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the same, but in my case i am getting no applicable data found. Is there anything i am missing out in configuration.

Regards

Aditya

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting metric request, I looked under NW 7.0x and NW 7.31 and both have grey metrics in Wily for SAPJ2EEAuthenticator, yah for me more things to fix!

However a thought for you @Aditya do you just want end users or do you also want system accounts that hit the Java system??

You may have more success with this navigation(s):

• Netweaver > SID_Server > JMX > com.sap.default > SAP_J2EEKernelRuntimePerNode > SessionManager > LoggedInUsersCount
  • Netweaver > SID_Server > JMX > com.sap.default > SAP_J2EEKernelRuntimePerNode > SessionManager > ActiveWebSessionCount

or

• Netweaver > SID_Server > JMX > com.sap.default > SAP_J2EEServiceRuntimePerNode > servlet_jsp > CurrentHTTPSessions
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I am looking for end users that hit the Java system. Also will it be possible for me to see for 4 different app servers.

Current google analytics gives users for our mail URL but nothing for the underlying 4 apps.

Regards

Aditya

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you not have them showing up under netweaver?

SID_server0 < - Value for me differs for currentHTTPsessions

SID_server1 < - Value for me differs for currentHTTPsessions

etc

etc

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

What kind of Wily EM and agents are installed?

Probalbly the latest version solve the issue.

Have you 1 instance with 4 server nodes?

BR

Szabolcs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Billy,

Current HTTP sessions metric will display the no. of sessions a user has open. A user may open 2-3 sessions?

Also, currently at 9:36 AM, it says close to 400 sessions in Wily, does that mean 400 people on each node which amounts to 3200 if i take into account 8 Nodes?

Secondly, I cant find session manager in J2EEKernelRuntimePerNode. Am i missing something in the configuration part.

Regards

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Szabolcs,

I am using Wily EM(9.1.0.2) and wily agent version 8.2.3.5 patch level 1

Regards

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Can you let me know how can i get the user activity in IT Performance reporting.. Currently i am getting data in most of the tabs but nothing in Usage tab

Regards

Aditya

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah so there is a difference in metric collection, SessionManager appears on a 7.1 system for me but on a 7.02 system it does not display; is this system a 7.0x version of Netweaver?  (Also confirmed on a 7.4 NW stack)

I also don't have enough information in my environment to prove or disprove the number of sessions a user may have open; but I would agree that chances are the 3200 is due to multiple connections, not multiple users. 

Do you have an option to update the NW stack?  (if it is in fact a 7.0x version)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy,

we are on Version 7.01 for our NW. No plans to upgrade till now as far as i know.

Somehow the IT performance reporting now has started to give average no. of HTTP sessions but still nothing in User Activity. I think i will have to dig deeper

Thanks for your help anyways.

Regards

Aditya

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps something to look into is getting the latest patches on the system that may provide the information you are looking for; but I'm assuming that 7.1 with the switch from visual admin to NWA being one of the major changes, this was also something that changed.

Or if you have a java development team, perhaps they can create a java app to dump that information out of the system, if it is needed to move off of Google analytics?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As such we are happy with google analytics, it was just a curiosity to get the information in Wily.