Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing Label Printer

vian_abduljalil
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

is it possible to print packing label to the different printer during the packing process? Now I can print one documet to only one printer but I want to have a possibility to print the same documet to another printer.

thank you

Regards,

Vian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vian,

You need to set up a separate hook for this new printer as a copy of the existing hook.

Regards,

Sergiy

vian_abduljalil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi and thank you for your response,

yes I tried to create a new hook for the new printer but the problem is the packing label printed in the both printers in the same time. I want to use one printer at a time.

It could be two people that want to run the packing process in the same time for different sfc but they need to use different printer.

please how can we resolve this issue?

regards,

Vian

0 Kudos

If you do not define a printer at SY52x level and at POD level, then the system should look for the proper printer specified in User Preferences Maintenance. So, each of your user should have that assignment in place. And you just need one hook point activated.

Regards,

Sergiy

vian_abduljalil
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Sergiy,

thank you for your answer . it's works now.

Regards,

Vian

vian_abduljalil
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Sergiy,

In your previously response it says  that if we not have defined a printer in the activity hook for the label so the system should look for the proper printer specified in User Preferences Maintenance and it works fine but as I understood that if I defined a printer in activity hook for any other labels so the system should look for the printer defined for the activity hook for the label first and not for the proper printer specified in the  User Preferences Maintenance.

but in fact, the system seems to look constantly looking for this printer specified in User Preferences Maintenance regardless if there is a defined printer in the activity hooks or not.

Regards,

Vian

0 Kudos

Vian,

Sorry for confusion. The idea is about the following precedence: User Pref > POD >SY52x.

See SAP Note 1828520.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)