MY MDM Workflow can't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all:

When I open MDM(5.5 SP2) client ,

I can't select workflows table

All about workflows's function is grey.

<b>did I need install some other program?</b>

I installed MDM console, MDM data manager,MDM Data manager(client),MDM sy.

the office visio 2003 has installed in my computer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sagar, It's a helpful answer.

But I still have issue to ask brent george

Select the workflows table (Use the Sagar's method),In the record Detail tab then double click on the [Microsoft Visio Document] , so some error message :"Error Launching Visio:There is no path information for Workflow.vsl in registry."

How can I to slove this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bill,

The following error "Error Launching Visio:There is no path information for Workflow.vsl in registry" was faced by me as well; bcoz i had not installed MDM Workflow and Visio.

So along with MDM GUI Clients you have to <b>install MDM Workflow and Microsoft Visio.</b> Then the error won't come

Thanks and Regards,<b>

Sagar Sonje.

Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brent george

I open the MDM Console, then add tables then add the workflows table.

but

I open the data manager in Record mode, the Workflows table in the drop down is still grey. I can't select workflows .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bill,

If Worflows table in the Drop down list is inactive then you can try this to select Workflow table:

Go to <b>View</b> tab Select <b>"Select Table"</b> from Context Menu and Click on <b>"More"</b> and from that context you can select <b>"Workflows"</b> table.

This way you can select workflows table if it is inactive in drop down list.

Please revert if any queries.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje.

Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using a standard repository the Workflows table may not yet exist. If you do not see the table go ahead and add it as name "Workflows" type workflow. You can then open the Data Manager in Record mode, select the Workflows table in the drop-down. In the Record Detail tab double-click on the [Microsoft Visio Document] that is grey in the Workflow data field to launch Visio.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Brent

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to install MDM workflow component also.

After the workflow executable intallation you will see workflow function enabled.