cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA32 Athorization of Material Type during usage decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I want to restrict material type in QA32 suppose we have 2 material Type ROH and HALB and also have 2 user Ab-01 or AB-02 is it  possible that AB-01 user arrange  MIN (Usage Decision)  only ROH material and AB-02 user arrange MIN (usage decision) only HALB Material. There is no any object to control material type in QA32 during Usage decision.....

Another scenario is that ROH material categories different  material group like AC ROH Material , LCD Roh Material,

No i want to arrange MIN (Usage decision) of same material type of two different user

Suppose AB-01 arrange MIN (Usage decision) only AC ROH Material and AB-02  arrange MIN (usage decision) only LCD Roh material....

Is it possible though QA32 T. code ????

kindly elaborate me

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign a QM Auth Group in the QM view of the material. This would control who can make the UD. 

You could probably set up your material masters to default this value in based on material type.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR CRAIG

Can you please tell me complete procedure when i am assign QM Athu grope in QM view as given QMGroup will be show. which group we use to control restricted the material type in QA32 T. code

000001Material authorization group 1
000002Material authorization group 2
000010Autom. approval for lots with task list
000011Autom. approval for lots with mat. spec.
000012Manual approval for lots with mat. spec.
000020Digital signature (global)
000021Digital signature in results recording
000022Digital signature at usage decision
000023Digital sig. for phys.-sample drawing
000030Insp. lot approval and digital signature

kindly elaborate me after assigning the material group how we can control authorizations...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinodh has pretty much explained it below.

The best way to understand it is to set it up in a sandbox and experiment with it.

You can create QM groups yourself.  You don't have to use any of the ones you listed.  So you could use 000001 and 000002, and add in 000003, 000004, etc.... call these Auth group RAW, Auth group FERT,  Auth group HALB, etc.....

Your security people then assign the authorization groups to the proper users.  See this link for security objects:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/En/7a/3c545a54314f6fb368653d73e43e0b/content.htm?framese...

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

Thanks for the additional information.

Esha,

Hope you got the solution for your issue.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pk_nanda
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Esha,

In material master Quality Management view, "QM material auth." is available. For that field you can create different authorization and assign to the users (with the help of Basis).

Path for configuration as below

Quality Management --> Environment --> Central Functions --> Authorization Management --> Define Authorization Groups and Digital Signature ------>Mat. Auth. Group, Insp. Lot Approval, Digital Signature

Here create different authorization group for each material group, make settings as follows

Approval Insp lot                          - 2 no automatic approval for insp. with mat. specification

Dig. Sign for result recording         - not required

Dig. Sign for usage decision         - not required

Dig. Sign for phy. sampl. drwg      - not required

After creation, assign those authorization group to material master and proceed inspection procedure

With the help of Basis guy, assign the authorization to the user to make entries in inspection lot.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

• If you have assigned different inspection types to different materials, then you can control the access based on inspection lot origin. Basis team can easily do that.
  • You can also make user variants and hide the field 'Material' after maintaining the default values to limit the access. This way users won't be able to see the field and would do transactions only for materials provided.
  • Other than this, check with your Basis team to check for the authorization check for material level check.

Regards,

ntn