Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP adapter Query

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to know regarding SFTP adapter add on. we have installed SFTP add on from SAP marketplace due to our interface requirement.

In the interface there is no requirement of encryption/decryption. Or Basis team is asking if they should install the PGP module (SFTP is dependent on this PGP module from SAP). Currently we have PGP module installed from Aedaptive solutions.So I want to know is it complusory to istall PGP from SAP once we install SFTP adapter? and if we install this PGP module then will it impact our currently working PGP module from Aedaptive solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do refer this FAQ sheet for information around the adapter - http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/03/27/pgp-and-sftp-faq-sheet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am on PI 7.30 dual stack with SP5, can you please let me know if there is any need of installing PGP compulsory after installing SFTP add on?

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

Basically I need the following things....

Is it compulsory to install SAP PGP module if we install the SFTP adapter add on from SAP?

If needed in future, can we use the Aedpative solution's PGP module for encryption and decryption along with SFTP adapter? (without using PGP module from SAP????)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to install the PGP module with the SFTP adapter.

It basically comes down to this... SFTP adapter is used for transport encryption, i.e. encryption of the network connection and PGP is used to encrypt the data that is send over a network connection.

So it depends on your security needs if network encryption is sufficient or if you need additional data encryption.

If you already have the Aedaptive solution you should be able to use it instead of the SAP provided PGP module.

Best regards,

Peter Hermanns