Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRORATA OPTION USAGE IN SAP REFX

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working in SAP REFX ( lease In scenario) .

Can anybody tell me how to use the pro rata method in frequency of  RE-FX contract for SALES BASED AGREMENTS . What config setting we have to do for pro rata billing.

If config is not required kindly advise how to update a contract.

Kindly treat this as a priority request,.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

N.S.Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196871
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi N.S.,

The condition used for sales based settlement can be assigned any of of the pro-rata methods for calculation in case of start or end dates for real estate object validity or contract validity is on any date other than start or end of the month respectively.

No, there is no configuration required for the same. Its a standard functionality.

Following are the options provided for prorated condition calculation by SAP.

Contract or Rental Object Start and Contract or Rental Object End Pro Rata is set:

• The calculation of the amount is always prorated for the start and end of the contract or rental object.

Never Pro Rata at Contract or RO Start/End is set:

The amount is always calculated for the entire period, regardless of whether or not the contract or rental object start date is the start of the period or the contract or rental object end date is the end of the period.

Only Contract or Rental Object Start Pro Rata is set:

The calculation of the amount is always prorated for the start of the contract or rental object. For the posting at the end of the contract or rental object, the full amount for the period is calculated.

Only Contract or Rental Object End Pro Rata is set:

The calculation of the amount is always prorated for the end of the contract or rental object. For the posting at the start of the contract or rental object, the full amount for the period is calculated.

Never Pro Rata is set:

• The amount is never determined pro rata (not even for less than full periods that that are not at the begining or end; for example, condition adjustment at mid-month for conditions with a monthly frequency).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Hardik Sharma

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Hardik Sharma,

Thank you so much for your reply.

i have tried with

Contract or Rental Object Start and Contract or Rental Object End Pro Rata is set:

But unable to get the rental calculations as per the requirement.Its giving month wise from the start date,

Requirement is as below

If Rent starts at 21-11-2013 and ends at 20-11-2014.

I want to calculate saparate rent for

21-11-2013 to 31.10.2013 --

Then after that every month it has to take regular month wise. again in last month it has calculate

from - 01-11-2014 to  20-11-2014.

As iam new to REFX, Your advise will be highly useful.Kindly advise.

Regards,

N.S.Rao

former_member196871
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi N.S.,

If you are using sales grading method, please implement the badi - BADI_RESR_CALC_RENT and set CF_PRORATE_AT_BEGIN = 'X' in the method GET_BEHAVIOR_CONTEXT (refer the SAP note 1473877 for that)

If not, what is the validity of sales rule, reporting rule, contract and contract condition? what is the frequency start date?

What kind of settlement is being done i.e. Standard, Cumulative, Final?

Are you going to post the settlement using RERAPP or RESRBCSINGLE i.e have you checked post using cash flow at RECN.

Share screenshots or details.

Best Regards,

Hardik Sharma

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Hardik Sharma,

Sales rule validity start from - 15.08.2013

Reporting rule start date       - 15.08.2013

Contract & condition also from - 15.08.2013

Frequesncy start date is also     - 15.08.2013

Settelement using is - standard. ( Not using cumulative or Final )

we are doing the settle ment using RESRSE ( sales based settlement ) & RERAPP for invoice posting.

Then post using cash flow is already activated.

Any how attached screen shots For your reference. Kindly treat this as a HIGH PRIORITY.

Thank you so much.Your valuable  inputs are highly appriciated.

Regards,

N.S.Rao

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Hardik Sharma,

Can i have your e-mail id to send the screens, As iam facing soem problem in sending the screen shots.

Thanks,

Rao

former_member196871
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Please keep the frequency start date of the settlement period as 01.08.2013 and sales rule as well as reporting rule validity as 15.08.2013. You should get the desired results.

As far as pro rata calculation is concerned. You are using a sales grading agreement. Please consider reviewing / implementing the sap note 1473877 for the same.

Best Regards,

Hardik Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao

Refer to solution by Hardik. It will work as per your expectation.

Rakesh

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Tried with the solution given by Mr.Hardik Sharma. But no change in the output.

Can any body guide / share me the relevant docs / user manuals <removed by moderator>.  how to use the pro rata option, usage methods.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated <removed by moderator>.

Regards,

Rao

Message was edited by: Gali Kling Schneider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

you can define the sales-based rent agreement by using 2 validity periods for the reporting and the sales rule:

(a) Reporting Rule

1. Validity period: To 30.04.2010

Frequency: 8

Frequency Unit: Day(s)

Start of Frequency: 23.04.2010

1. Validity period: From 01.05.2010

Frequency: 1

Frequency Unit: Month(s)

Start of Frequency: (initial)

(b) Sales Rule

1. Validity period: To 30.04.2010

Frequencies:

Frequency For: Settlement Period

Frequency: 8

Frequency Unit: Days

Start of Frequency: 23.04.2010

1. Validity period: From 01.05.2010

Frequencies:

Frequency For: Settlement Period

Frequency: 1

Frequency Unit: Months

Start of Frequency: (initial)

Please change the contract as described and check whether you can

realize your requirement in this way.

Rgds,

Srini

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Srini Sir,

Thanks for your clarity in explanation, But we are already using this method.In this method we have to maintain separate sales rules & reporting rules for tenure starting & end.( some times in a month 2 times we have do all these activities, while  rentals escalation time).

In normal contracts ( not sales based ) if we give condition tenure as 15.08.2013 to 14.10.2013.

In simulation cash flow will be showing as below.Its correct.We need to get the same thing in sales based also.

15.08.2013  TO 31.08.2013

01.09.2013  TO 30.09.2013

01.10.2013  TO 14.10.2013

In sales based also similar option is there it seems BY USING PRO RATA method, I am looking to find the way for that.Kindly advise if any idea.

Thanks,

N.S.Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Rao,

No need to create separate Sales rule & Reporting rule, just you have to maintain time dependency in same rule.

Ex:

Sales Rule 10; Time dependency : contract start date to 31.08.2013

Time dependency : 31.08.2013 to 31.12.2013

Tine dependency: 01.01.2014 to contract end date

Same way, you define your reporting rule with time dependency.

rgds,

Srini

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Srini,

Noted, Referred SAP HELP docs on pro rata, from PRO RATA  help options i understand that we can get solution easily it seems.

Thanks,

Rao

Answers (0)