Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating payment term

hiteshv_talele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

I have to deactive the payment terms for customer which are not in use , but when i try to untick the customer field in accout tab in OBB8 it is not allowing me to save , getting error ' Specify account group" .

Is there any alternative to deactivate customer payment term?

i have also tried to set payment block on payment term but i am not sure about the effects it will have on process , could you please suugest?

Thanks-

Hitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a weird requirement for me due to the fact that one payment term would be used for multiple customers and you should not block in OBB8 even if system allows you to do so.  Also since this has impact in your FI postings, take the concurrence from them before blocking any existing payment term.

I would prefer to block the customer itself, if at all the customer is inactive.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hiteshv_talele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your promt reply.

I would like to block payment term for all customer business has decided as of now not to use these payment terms but in future they might use , so i have to deactive them temporally

Regards-

Hitesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i try to untick the customer field in accout tab in OBB8 it is not allowing me to save , getting error ' Specify account group".

Once you input the block in OBB8, have you maintained the same in customer master accounting tab where you can see a field "Payment Block" ?  I am not sure whether this will work but make a try and share your updates

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You want to block payment term for every customer or you want to block some payment terms for some specific customers? From your statement I am not getting the exact requirement.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

You can use OBBC transaction code to block the Payment terms which are not in use

and when try to enter this payment term in customer master , system shows a blocking reason

Hope this is what you are checking for

regards,

santosh

hiteshv_talele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

Thanks for immediate reply.

if i have put the payment block in OBBC then would paymenr term  be visible in Sales order creation/change mode.

is it possible ?

Regards-

Hitesh

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be seen in transaction, but it will give a blocking reason

regards,

santosh