cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wily EM offline AND.... log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

Good Day! I was completely done in installing WILY INTROSCOPE enterprise Manager version 9.1.5 as we are in solman 7.1 SP level 8 already.

I have followed the master guide in installing wily EM version 9 and all necessary "checks and verifications" were made to see if WILY EM is installed successfully in WINDOWS 2008 r2 server. But in SOLMAN_SETUP, basic config > step 3.1 (configure CA wily), I am still getting a  ENTERPRISE MANAGER is offline status. and in the logs of EM service, I am getting this:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2013/11/18 14:22:15 | log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2013/11/18 14:22:15 | log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.wily.apm.em.monitor.support.util.TimingThreadPool).

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2013/11/18 14:22:15 | log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2013/11/18 14:22:15 | log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.wily.apm.em.monitor.support.util.TimingThreadPool).

I have already checked the following notes to troubleshoot the error:

1771826 - SOLMAN_SETUP activities fail with 'All configured Enterprise Managers are offline'

Question: WHERE IS THE LOG4J system that i should initialize?  

Hoping for your kind response. Thank you!

Regards,

Meinard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check SAP note 1900777 - Basic Configuration - Enterprise Manager shows error 'Cannot Retrieved Status' which is related to Roman's statement on LM-Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom and All,

Thanks for your response. Yes sapnote 1900777 is right I need to upgrade the LM-SERVICE

It was stated in that note that the exact version of EM that i am using (9.1.5 is not yet fully compatible with solman 7.1 that is why i need to do some java upgrade of components.

Workaround that i did was that i lowered the version of EM so that it will be compatible with my current version of solman. It is now working and in solman_setup, basic configuration 3.1, EM is now online.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Meinard

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meinard

Log4j properties are defined in file IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties which resides in your Wily Introscope installation filesystem in config directory:

The log4j properties define logging settings ~level, what type of logging, which logfile etc

I doubt those errors are the root cause for your problem though.

If I understand you correctly, you have gone through all instructions in SAP note 1771826 and those are fine?

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check version of LM-SERVICE component. It must be SP08 Patch 2.

1868086 - Solution Manager support for Introscope 9.1.5

1565954 - Introscope 9 Release Notes

If this requirement is fulfilled please attach full log file.