cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying checkbox data in Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody please advise the best way of copying checkbox data in a subscreen of a transaction (eg the deletion flag indicator from the Extras > Deletion Flags menu of XD03) to the main screen? I can use scripting to copy field values but this doesn't seem to work with checkboxes (used a script to copy the source checkbox and attempted to copy into a target checkbox). I've also tried using IF in the script to determine whether the source checkbox is populated or not (the idea being to check the target checkbox in the script if true), but all I can use as a condition appears to be empty/not empty, which again doesn't work (always returns as empty).

Thanks,

Glenn De Santis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In short, for playing with check box:

-) Set check/uncheck: use "Check" or "Uncheck" action

-) Detection:

Method 1: use "IF", then "is not empty" means checked.

Method 2: use "Copy Value" , then "true" means checked.

Regarding how you will like to see the output message, it is up to you based on the logic detection made above. Eg, you can show "Checked" of the label text of the check box etc.

Hope this help.

Dong Zhu

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Please see my reply above. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was fixed recently, possibly in SP03. If you're not running SP03 try applying that and see if it helps. I used to have the same problem but now for me copying checkbox values works OK.

Steve.

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rumsby,

Copying is actually working fine, but if you need to check if a checkbox is checked or not what is the condition check that needs to be used? is empty is not working is equal to True/False is also not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which SP of Personas are you running, and which kernel patch level? If you are not on the latest versions, try updating first.

For me, is empty/not empty works fine, as does checking for 'X' (that's my ABAP side showing through).

Steve.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Checkbox returns boolean value but you will be passing String "true" or "false" to compare. So one easy way is to do it is as below:

1. Copy value of checkbox

2. Use JavaScript to convert boolean to String (I am appending string to boolean to convert it to String)

3. Use the converted value in IF

See output below:

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Chinthan

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Great this helped. I used a [hidden]text box to copy the value and compared that which was working fine. I now know the reason from your answer .

Thanks,

Bhaskar

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, pasting value into hidden text box will convert it to String. So you can read it back and use it for comparison.

Thanks

Chinthan