Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Creation when Project cycle phase is Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using ChaRM 7.1

When my Implementation project cycle phase reaches 'Test' OR 'Go Live Preparation' OR 'Go Live' , then I can't create RFC for this project. As in Project search this particular project will not be available.

Logically speaking this is correct. As when phase is Test you are only allowed create Defect correction.

But is there any option where I can make settings, which allows RFC creation during phases 'Test' OR 'Go Live Preparation' OR 'Go Live' ?

Regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change the actions allowed in the phases in table  /TMWFLOW/TPPHMAC - Actions in Phases of the Phase Model. This table allows the entries to be modified, so you can adjust it according to your needs. I recommend only change what it is really necessary, as the table is prepared following the best practices.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Raquel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member228464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend to create three different projects for the the phases you have provided.

If still you want to maintain in single project then update the table /TMWFLOW/TPPHMAC, but not recommended.

Another option is creating Maintenance project and use urgent change for normal change and remove auto import option .

Regards,

Kuthubus Saman

0 Kudos

Hello PK,

yes, you need to modify the phase controller setting in ChaRM in order to do this. However, this is quite advanced customizing and not part of the default IMG for Change Request Management in SAP Solution Manager. I will need to check how this can be done in detail myself.

May I ask why you need to create RfC still in Test-Phase or later? As you said yourself, the project has passed the development phase already. Do you plan to reset the phase? If so, why?

Looking forward to hear more from you.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for reply & thinking over on this post

The reason why I am looking for RFC creation at Test phase & later is as explained below.

My project deliveries are phase wise. My project will be delivered in 3 phases. When my first phase starts & reaches Test OR Go Live, my phase 2 changes will start coming up & then phase 3 as we go. I want to use same Implementation Project cycle for all the 3 phases of project delivery.

So when my Phase 1 chnages are in Test phase, I cant bring project cycle phase back to In Development, as for Phase-1 testing defects need to be raised in Test phase only.

So when  we are in Test Phas or Go live, system should allow other project phase deliveries to be started & worked upon.

The reason why I don't want to create 3 implementation project cycle is, we are working on one project as a whole, but my deliveries are divided into 3 phases ( though they are for same project)

Hope you understood my concern, may be its not a concern if you have some answer or workaround for this

Regards

PK