cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction or SPRO Path for Configuring Sales Document Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can somehelp with Transaction Code or SPRO Path, for configuring Sales Document Type.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Akshay,

Always try to put some effort in searching your required information.you can have Information from little effort dear. Apart from this you can Execute T-Code OVCE and you can go from SPRO path from Sale and Distribution ---> Sales Support (CAS) ---> Sales Summary ---> Set Document Display.

Please make sure that you cannot add new values to the field VBTYP and to show up on VBAK f4 list as these values are delivered standard "AS-IS" by SAP and also make sure this is not something related to customization that you could add via the IMG. If you drag down to the Data Element VBTYP and to its Domain VBTYP, you'll see all these values are fixed in Value range tab. The only way to add new values is if you modify the standard Domain VBTYP which is again not recommended for standard dictionary objects and you will have to restrict to it. furthermore you can display defined categories. I hope you will understand. Thanks

Best Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suhaib,

Thanks for the details.

Is there any transaction where I can see the background settings for each Sales Document Category.

I need to understand how each Sales Document Category is different with others.

I trying to corelate it with Account Assignment Category, i.e. OME9, where I can see how each AAC is different than others.

is there any such place to compare Sales Document Categories?

Thanks.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As Suhaib told you that you cannot add sales document category because these are predefined categories to differentiate different functionalites of sales documents.

If you are trying to compare sales document category with account assignment category then I would suggest you not to do that because both of these are two different things in SAP. Account assignment category is used to determine accounting posting data and it has a lot of control parameters which we can configure in OME9 but sales document category is always hard coded in SAP program to differentiate the documents. We also use if conditions in ABAP programming to tell the system if VBTYP = M then it means we are talking about invoice.

You can see this in F1 help of SD document Category field where they have explained it very well.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hey Akshay

Why is that you are posting this basic question in the forum

It is already answered many times and you could find this very easily.

T Code VOV8.

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arvind,

In my best knowledge the OP Needs to customize Sale Document Category not sale document types. Thanks

Best Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz