Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible objects while parsing in universe designer 4.0

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Hie Guys,

I am working with UDT 4.0 and running across a problem. Basically, what I am trying to do is merge objects from 2 universes in Webi to create a combined report. I have created a derived table containing all the report elements in one of the universe. I want to merge objects from the derived table with the other universe so that I can get the combined report. However, there are 2 objects (start_date & end_date) in the derived table that have been defined as Character data type, while they have been defined as Date data type in the other universe. So, when I click on the object and try to change the data type to Date in UDT, it does not parse (incompatible object message). Should I just change the data type to date and ignore the parsing message? Am I going to get the correct results doing so? How do I go about fixing this issue? I've attached the object properties snapshot below. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will suggest to define both as Date type. Then will need to be of the same datatype for merging..

If your data in the derived table is already char the just create a date object in universe with data type as date using wither To_date or To_char

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

In order to merge two objects, fundamental criteria is both of them should be of same data type. So in this since both are of different data type, you may not get the desired output.

Thanks

Raghu