cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about developers key

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have query about developers key,

The developer key is a combination of your installation number, your license key and the user name.

You need this for each person that will make changes (Dictionary or programs) in the system.

For example a single installation numbers can exists with more than one system suppose 123456789 number is same for AD1,bD1,CD1 systems then the user can use the same key for all the systems (if DEVACCESS table is maintained also) ?

1.After a developer key is generated in the SAP market place then how it is maintained in the table DEVACCESS. Is it possible with SE16N ?

if yes, then we need to register in SCCR keys ?

2. Developer key for a user is can be deleted?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have query about developers key,

The developer key is a combination of your installation number, your license key and the user name.

You need this for each person that will make changes (Dictionary or programs) in the system.

>> YES, you are correct. If you remember, when you register any developer on SAP Marketplace, you only give User id and Installation number. You do not give SAP SID !! So SCCR key is generated for Installation number and is independent of SID.

For example a single installation numbers can exists with more than one system suppose 123456789 number is same for AD1,bD1,CD1 systems then the user can use the same key for all the systems (if DEVACCESS table is maintained also) ?

>> If Installation number is same, for same use id Developer Key will be same. It generally happens for most of client, where for one landscape Dev, QA & Prod system have same Installation number.

1.After a developer key is generated in the SAP market place then how it is maintained in the table DEVACCESS. Is it possible with SE16N ?

if yes, then we need to register in SCCR keys ?

>> Generally table DEVACCESS is not maintained by SE16N. When ever a NEW developer try to open any object in edit mode.. e.g. SE38 > create, systems prompts for entering Developer key where he generally type his key and this is maintained in DEVACCESS table.

2. Developer key for a user is can be deleted?

Yes, you can delete SCCR key. (http://service.sap.com/sscr > Developers Registered by Me > Delete selected items)

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Developers key is required only in development system. So from the above AD1,bD1,CD1 are development system. You don't need development key in any QUA and PROD system till you are not going for any change in these system. As a part of the Audit requirement you are not allowed to have any entry in the DEVACCESS  (Most of the Auditors check this table in production).

So if all these three system are Development system then you can go an copy the table and place in each other if you require all the developer to have access to other system rather than entering things manually.

Like this:

AD1, is a development system of Production landscape

bD1, is a development system of Production  Support landscape

CD1 is a development system of Up coming Project landscape

If the above is the scenario then you can copy the table and can maintain table entry in different system A,B and C to avoid users entering the access key again and again.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thank you for providing clarification regarding the developer key.

I have doubt regarding - At the time of updating  the user id and developer key in SE38 then how it gonna authenticate or crosscheck with SCCR keys ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what i know Developer access key is nothing but an algorithm based on system number and user ID and some other system values (SAP does not reveal the information). The developer access key is validated by SAP using a Kernel level C system program ''CHECK_DEVELOPER_KEY'. So, even if the developer access key has been deleted for a user ID in the DEVACCESS table, she can still use the same developer access key.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

luca_carati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for all. My question is: how I can delete items from DEVACCESS in production system ?

Best regards. LC