Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict assignment of external activity & materials to service activity

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

There is a following requirement in Project in CJ20N.

1. Restrict user to use external activities in network, either disable it to use or other options

2. Standard SAP allows to assign materials to service activity, user wants to disallow the assignment of materials to service activity.

Please provide the solution for the ablove requirement.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

For scenario 1, you need to maintain validation. I have tested this and it is working fine.

Following are the steps, to restrict users to use external activity.

1. Execute transaction OPSI.

2. Go to Network Activity

3. Create new validation with step

4. In Prerequisite. Add condition like If System Status is Rel (i.e Released). Technically  AFVGD-VSTTXT = 'REL'

5. In Check, Add condition like if Control Key is PS02 (i.e For External Activity which is as per customization). Technically AFVGD-STEUS = 'PS02'

6. In Message, write message as per your requirement.

7. Save this Validation in Network Profile.

For Scenario 2, I am not sure. but have a look at transaction OPSG and change the scenario as per your demand.

Regards

Amit Rajoria

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for reply.

Through provided validation steps i am able to restrict the assignment of external activity.

But for the secod requirement i am not able to create the validation.

I am creating the service activity which shold be allowed.

I want to restrict the assignment of material component to service activity.

Can you please help me in this.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Enhancement CNEX0009 to check for something like the Control Key (PS04 for service activities) when they attach components and forbid it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I dont think that OPSG will allow you to stop from attaching material components for service activity. Through OPSG, you can stop material components to get attached to activity which would not be activity specific.

Thus, you can look at Enhancement CNEX0009 as suggested by Ken and focus on Control Key (PS04).

Thanks,

Amit Rajoria

Answers (0)