cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway versions vs support package levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking into SAP Gateway and I want to work on a test scenario with a stand-alone Gateway HUB (NW 740) system and a Gateway back-end system (IDES ERP 6.0 EHP6). In the SAP Help I see that the latest Gateway version is 2.0 SP7. Is there an overview available of the corresponding Gateway versions and the support package levels of the software components (SAP_GWFND, IW_BEP) or/and can I check the current Gateway version in the system? I already checked SAP Help, release notes and this SCN space.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

you are right, this kind of document is unfortunately missing (yet).

We will come up soon with such a document or SAP note.

For the time being I can tell you the following:

SAP_GWFND 7.40 SP4 is equivalent to (IW_BEP, GW_CORE and IW_FND) of SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SP7

The versions of the software components that are currently installed in your system can be checked in SAPGUI via

System --> Status

In the System Status popup windows in the SAP System Data area click on the push button beneath "Component Version".

Best Regards,

Andre

Best Regards,

Andre

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

as promised please find the link to the SAP Note that I have just released for customers:

1942072 - SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 Support Package Stack
Definition

This note provides an overview on all SAP NetWeaver Gateway Software Component Versions and

corresponding support packages.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thank you very much for your reply and for releasing this very useful note. I know now that we are on the latest release (2.0 SP7) of the gateway components. I will follow this documentation version on help.sap.com.

Best regards,

Jeroen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

is there a similar SAP Note for SAP NetWeaver 7.31 version as well?

I'm wondering which IW_BEP SP that can be installed with which Gateway version.

Best regards,

Sandor