cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my senior has performed a system copy of the Solution Manager on windows server. Now the ABAP services are running and some of the Java Services are running i.e. the Dispatcher is Yellow and not turning completely green. The Reson why I looked into this error was that the Softwware Update Manager is not Starting up and when I read the answers to that problem on SCN a lot of people suggested that the services might not be running. The reason we performed the system copy was to upgrade the solution manager 7 to 7.1, the new system is a sandbox system for me to perform the Upgrade using the Software update manager.

Software Update Manager is not starting up when I try to connect to the default port(4241) it gives me an error saying that it cannot connect to the port and throws a java.lang exception I have tried changing the port(4239) as specified on some blogs that I have read on SCN. I have to perform the upgrade by the end of December.

I would appreciate of somebody could provide a valid soultion for starting the Software Update Manager(SUM).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the below command to run on different port.

STARTUP -srvarg=/DSUService/abaptoolport=14240

-srvarg=/DSUService/javatoolport=16240

httpport=14239 guiport=14241

What is the Os.

Use Netstat =a on windows to see if the port is used.

Use lsof tool on unix.

This is very clear that the port is used by some other service and that why the sum tool cant  use it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post the correct error log to investigate more.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi thanks man I will try running the cvommand that you provided and by the way the OS is windows server 2003. I did run the netstat -a -n -t command followed by the tasklist command but I could not find the port allocated to any resource.

Also I had restarted the system before, but I will now try the command that you provided and see where this takes me. Thanks much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi by the way which error log file you want please specify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i initially need that when you run the STARTUP tool what message you get.

Just another thing there would be logs in the upgrade folder SUM/sdt/log

Hope you are using the SUM tools as SOLMANUP is no more supported.

Hope firewall is deactivated on that windows host.

and the tool should be run by sidadm.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

1. I am using SUM tool to do the upgrade
  2. when I try to connect it gives me the followiing error:

Error while connecting to communication partner.

Could not connect to host localhost on port 4241.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

3. I am logged in as SIDadm

4. Server0 is not working

5. I checked the logs in sum/sdt/log nothing meaningful it is showing logs of nov 12

6. I am starting the start up tool using DSUGui.bat.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the jvm that you are using .

1238121 - SAP JVM for Software Logistics Tools

Please check the below note.

If the SUM tools is not starting for any port then i can be jvm issue.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anothere thing there are two steps

First you need to start STARTUP in folder /SUM

Once you see that it has established connection to 4241 and listening on 4239 then you need to run the DSUGui.

So what is the output of STARTUP in /sum when you run it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi brother got it working. For everybody facing the same problem I got it resolved was by updating the correct JDK version and also the jdk path was not set right. And that got the Server0 got started and that's it.

Rishi it looks like u have used the SUM before If i get stuck will message agai, thanks man, really appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to know that it worked. Please close the thread

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks will do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks, now that I have figured out the SUM I need some assistance in the generating stack file. My Solution Manager is &.0 EHP 1 ST 21, so this means that I cannot use the MOPZ in solution Manager.

I am currently downloading Latest Kernel 7.2, Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 8. Do I need to download something else as well because there is a big list in the SWDC.

Help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you cant do you have MOPZ configured in the system. if not configured and use MOPZ to generate the XML file for solman.

Please use MOPZ and all the things will get added that are required for the upgrade.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi the thing is that I am on Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1 and ST21, what I read from note 1577909 is that till ST 22.

So for that I will have to upgrade to ST 22 or above for MOPZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per the note 1577909.

You are in this range

• Support Package stack 18 - Support Package stack 21 (stack 18 - stack 21) SAPKITL428 - SAPKITL431

So you can download the kernel and use the below dvd to do the upgrade.

• Load the current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 stack DVD from the SWCenter on SAP Service Marketplace.
      Installations and Upgrades -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 -> Installation and Upgrade -> [OS version] -> [DB version]
      Mount the following SAP Solution Manager 7.1 stack DVD

51045452 SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Support Package Stack 08
    • The DATA directory on this DVD contains a generic XML file, the current ABAP stack and the current Java stack.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning Rishi, first of all I must say that you are very devoted to your work man and your replies reach very quickly. Thanks in advance.

I have downloaded the dvd and copying it to the sandbox system. So now I am not going to upgrade the ST 21 to 22 or above, but I am going with your advice and just upgrading directly to 7.1.

Let's see how this goes.

I didn't get the part where u said that the "The DATA directory on this DVD contains a generic XML file" so I am guessing I will have to load this file and the location of the stack.xml in the SUM. Correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is already a generic xml file that can be used for the upgrade so when you download the dvd and uncar the patches you will find the generic xml file that will be required to provide to the tool to do the upgrade.

Thanks

RishI Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks man, I also wanted to know that I have downloaded the Kernel for x64 51042616_8 for the kernel upgrade. I read in the note that the system will switch the kernel by itself. right ?.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, I am stuck with the SUM(Software Update Manager) it tells me the following:

"Enter at least the mount point containing Export DVD for product CRM/SOLMAN".

Now I have downloaded the following Software from SWDC:

1. 50104958
  2. 51042608
  3. 51042609
  4. 51045452
  5. Solman_7.1_SR1_Krnl_Windows_OS_400
  6. 50116982
  7. 51042010
  8. 51042607
  9. 51042616_8
  10. The SR1 Solman Upgrade Export 18 DVD's are getting downloaded.

My System is Windows x64, Oracle. Source Release SOLMAN7.0 EHP1 and ST21

Please somebody let me know do I need to download some more stuff or this is suffiecient and why is the SUM stopped at provinding Mount Point.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the mount point problem solved folks, I am stuck at a new one.

SUM tells me that the DB SYSTEM password is not correct the I have tried all options and have even changed the password at sql level by doing an alter command. But still no luck with it.

Does anybody has a solution for this. Thanks.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just restart the system and try again in the same installation steps

Regards

Ram