SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific Bonus Buy Requirement for Discounts in Pairs

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I had a question regarding setting up a specific bonus buy. Client requires the customer to get a discount when you buy in pairs and not get the deal when they buy in odd numbers.

Example:

Article A, regular retail price = $2.99 & Deal: 2 for $4.00

Customer can buy:

1 for $2.99

2 for $4.00

3 for $6.99 [4.00 + 2.99]

4 for $8.00

You can't use regular scales for this as the deal shouldn't apply for all quantities after 2. You also can't use graduated scales either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

The new Bonus buy functionality is very useful for this type of promotions. If you go to new Bonus buy promotion screen (transaction RDMBBY01), in the main screen, there is a Information button on the top. Click on that button to get help on new bonus buy features.

The beauty of this help is it contains the basic explanation of feature but also all different promotion scenarios are given with explanation of what is to be given where on the screen.

In conventional promotion (WAK1), in Bonus buy, you can define the prerequisite to trigger the promotion price.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

The new Bonus buy functionality is very useful for this type of promotions. If you go to new Bonus buy promotion screen (transaction RDMBBY01), in the main screen, there is a Information button on the top. Click on that button to get help on new bonus buy features.

The beauty of this help is it contains the basic explanation of feature but also all different promotion scenarios are given with explanation of what is to be given where on the screen.

In conventional promotion (WAK1), in Bonus buy, you can define the prerequisite to trigger the promotion price.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Amit,

This transaction is great for setting up the more complex promotion scenarios, like you said. Would you be able to add these bonus buys to an WAK1 promotion?

What other benefits does this program have with respect to VBK1?

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

In WAK1 also, there are many complex scenarios possible. You have to understand the structure of Bonus Buy condition and significance of prerequisites.

The new interface is more user friendly and the definitions is now more easy as Buy combination and Get combinations are separated with much more flexibilities.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Amit,

I agree with your points on the better and more user friendliness of the 'new' bonus buy functionality. Can we attach bonus buys created in RDMBBY01 to promotions in WAK1?

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

If you activate the new Bonus buy functionality, it will be triggered through WAK1 only. In WAK1, when you navigate to Bonus Buy tab and click on 'New', it will bring the same screen which comes by RDMBBY01 transaction code.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Thanks Amit!

What's the best way to turn on the 'New Bonus Buy'?

What is your opinion on not using WAK1 at all for promotions? We just house all promotions in Bonus Buys only, with the required dates. I've seen it done before but I wasn't 100% sure of the downstream effects, specifically for allocations.

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Please refer the below thread, where I have already given how to activate the new bonus buy functionality in ECC 6.0 EHP5.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3452910

You can use WAK1 for Bonus Buys. Since Bonus Buys have to downloaded manually, it has no impact on allocations or POS download on its own.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hey Amit,

I saw your post earlier on the RDMBB01 activation, it was very thorough and helpful. Thank you!

How do you actually do allocations for Bonus Buys or even for MC level % discounts? From what I can tell, you can only do allocation for articles on the 'fast entry' screen in WAK1.

When you have a forecasted quantity for an article in a bonus buy, it still needs to be pushed to stores via allocation. Is this a known gap in ECC?

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

There is no Gap. You can plan the quantities to buy for running a specific promotion for given articles. Once it is done, you can use Subsequent processing of promotion (WAK5) to run for the allocation table.

Fast Entry tab is used to identify the articles for promotion and for further process.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit