cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mopz EHP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´ve a SAP ERP 6.0 with Netweaver 7.01. I want to update it with EHP6, but I got this doubt about the stack queue generation.

In solution manager I´ve declared the Product System like as SAP ERP 6.0 and SAP EHP1 for SAP Netweaver 7.0, but I try to generate the stack queue patch with the MOPZ.

But I'm doubting about if EHP6 must to be on SAP Netweaver 7.01 or 7.03 (sap basis 7.31)? It's correct that?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve declared the system like as an ERP 6.0 without the EHP4, and select the option component application.After that I can create the stack queue.

Thanks for your advice.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then the system It has to be declared like as EHP4 for ERP 6.0 or EHP4 for ERP 6.0/nw 7.01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have the system with SAP ERP 6.0  EHP4 Ready, but the EHP4 not installed. Components SAP_APPL and EA_APPL on level 600 patch 15. How I need to declare the system on Solman 7.01  for this system to get the patches and xml file for update to EHP6?

Thanks.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you checked the LMDB settings for this settings ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

I don´t have LMDB on this system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system is EHP4 Ready but the EHP4 was not installed. In this scenario Can I install EHP6 directly on this system?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What do you mean by EHP4 ready ?

Could you tell me the SAP_APPL and EA_APPL package levels please ?

If you want to upgrade the system to EHP6 then first you need to have a compatible OS and DB as EHP6 needs a higher version of database and OS. If you satisfy these then you can go ahead.

Please check PAM.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

This components are on this level:

SAP_APPL      600 15 SAPKH60015

EA-APPL         600 15 SAPKGPAD15

The system was installed with software EHP4 Ready but It wasn´t EHP4 installed then the components are in the level that you can see previously.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So there is no EHP installed.

You can upgrade the system to EHP6 if the database and OS are compatible for EHP6.

If the database is Oracle then you should be on 11G

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

I´ve tried to make the MOPZ for EHP5 (Oracle version is 10.2.0.5) but I get this updates, I don't get the SAP Netweaver 7.02...

How I need to edit the Product system on Mopz?Any suggestion?

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Add EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 in SMSY for your system and mark product instance ABAP technology for EHP4.

This is the definition needed for EHP4 ready systems.

It is my understanding that you can upgrade directly to EHP6 from there.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Migeul,

I´ve declared the EHP4 on header data of the system product SAP ERP

I get the same error if I declare the system lika as EHP4 forr SAP ERP/NW 701.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you tried with a new Maintenance Optimizer transaction ? If you try in the old one the old error will appear.

I see that  in the 'systems' tab, EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 does not appear, which means the transaction did not take the EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 in SMSY into account. This is consistent with using the old Maintenance Optimizer transaction.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I to launch the new Mopz transaction?

I have been launching with solution_manager, the solution

I don't know where is the option to start a new transaction. I´ve just click on Maintenance Optimizer.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What I meant to say, is that a new Maintenance Optimizer document is needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

And where can I find it? I don´t know the meaning of document on MOPZ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

But it's mandatory to have the system with the version 11.2 for generate the stack queue for EHP6?

I know that EHP6 requires 11.2 but I doubt about the MOPZ can let me to generate the EHP6 without Oracle 11.2 installed, it´s possible? Or I need to update the system to oracle 11.2 and after that create the stack queue?

Thanks

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben

I don't think MOPZ need Oracle version 11 for stack file creation but for EHP6 you will need.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

But In the step select OS/DB-Dependent Files would do a checking of DB/OS version installed/declared on SMSY or checked again via RFC?

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

OK,

How about 'start MOPZ again'?

You see a number at the top of the Maintenance Optimizer screen, right? Make sure it is a different number . That is the Maintenance Optimizer transaction number .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OS/DB-Dependent Files are provided based on the target EHP level.

Regards

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

LMDB - SID - Software - Software Components Versions.

Check what is maintained here.

Regards

RB

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You selected Maintenance instead of selecting Enhancement Pack prior to your screenshot; MOPZ is generating a stack for just SPs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

I´ve selected the option EHP installation but It doesn´t show me for example netweaver 7 with ehp3.

After that I´ve declared in Header tab EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01, but after that I get this message when I try to generate Ehp stack.

How i need to declare the system on SMSY? I´ve Solman 7.01 with ST 400 SP25.

Former Member