Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems opening EP perspective

satish_kumar106
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i am unable to open EP perspective in  NWDS . I am getting error "problems opening perspective 'com.sap.netweaver.ep.ui.perspective' " . i uninstalled my NWDS twice. but problem is not getting resolved. can someone suggest me?.

Regards,

Satish S,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

- what is the OS where you face this problem?

- What is the exact version of your NWDS ? Can you test with another version (I mean same release 700 but a higher SP) ?

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Download+links

- Is the JDK 64 or 32 bit? (1.4.2_18 is fine, and for 700 only 1.4.2_xx is allowed to be used).

- Regarding the log file, you find a ".log" file in the ".metadata" folder of your NWDS workspace.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

satish_kumar106
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am using NWDs 7.0. jdk 1.4.2_18. how & which logs should i check to resolve this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below not for Trace.

751640 - How To Configure Logging For NWDI Developer Studio

Even if you install NWDS onto a 64bit OS, the JDK has to be 32bit

All 1.4.2_xx, but I suggest at least 1.4.2_11.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

find out the logs and check there the detailed issue.

Regards,

Sarbjeet SIngh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to add any other system. Do you have any firewall between the two systems.

What is the NWDS version. What is the Java version. Please check the below link

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/731/doc/files/sapjvm6.msi

(this link is for 731, because the 730 one is broken at the moment, we are working on it already. the SAPVM6 is the same anyway for both of them)

Third thing you are using the fully qualified name and the host that you are trying to connect is resolved.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Message was edited by: Ervin Szolke