cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi.. i want conformed quantity as '0' schedule line level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. i want conformed quantity as '0' schedule line level for testing. i dont want conformed quantity with next conformed delivery date based on backward and forward scheduling. how it is possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Not confirming the schedule line even when there is stock is tricky.

First of all as per SAP, if there is stock available, schedule line should be confirmed but it can be undone only when there is no rule maintained for that availability check and checking rule (that will be A).

So for materials for which you do not want the schedule line to be confirmed, change the Availability check in material master to DR because there is no rule maintained for DR + A . (for change it accordingly as per your SAP system)

Now after that when you will create a sales order, you will get two information messages as below:

Now post that you will notice that your schedule lines are not confirmed even though there is stock.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Aayush Jain

SAP SD Consultant

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aayush,

From the perspective of learning by testing and experimenting, I like you post!

It help to "understand again" how this part of "available quantity is calculated" by the system!

But I think, this should be limited only to sandbox or IDES, for testing purpose.

Conceptually, this makes the things related to (physically) available quantity incorrect!

I know that you have also mentioned this in your post ("tricky").

Thank you for sharing!

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aayush,

Nice information.

Infect before sometime I had similar requirement,where my client wanted that Order or STO punch in system should not block ATP stock.

Decision should be taken by User that which particular Orders he wants to dispatch and those only should be confirmed at later stage. I had not thought of this option at all at that time.

Regards,

MJ.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

similar requirement,where my client wanted that Order or STO punch in system should not block ATP stock.

Decision should be taken by User that which particular Orders he wants to dispatch and those only should be confirmed at later stage.

Added: I jumped to some "conclusions". But first I / we should understand the requirement more clearly -

In sales order creation stage, what is the confirmed quantity?

Then what are the next steps?

"only should be confirmed at a later stage" - what happens here?

With Aayush's "creative" suggestion, I donot think you can confirm or reduce ATP quantity at a later stage (delivery stage) too*!

The availability check set in the material master, "switches off" the calculation of available quantity.

I guess after PGI the quantity shall be reduced. But not sure about reduction of ATP quantity at a later level *(if availability check and Delivery checking rule is not maintained).

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue color

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Yes, you are correct. I had missed point that system can not determine, ATP at all if there is not any Availability check.

Qty would have been reduced at the time of delivery but ATP could not have been calculated.

I had thought below option at that time for solution:

Option : Assigning default Delivery Block (Ex. Credit Block) to Sales Document which does not allow Qty to confirm.

When User wants to process those Sales Orders, he can just remove that Block and system will go ahead with specific ATP Qty reduction with confirmation of Qty at Schedule Line.

So, Siva can use that Option also.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

This thread is proving to be good learning and of good quality!

I too have worked with delivery blocks especially field "Confirmation block".

An interesting thing about this functionality "Confirmation block" (also given in F1 help) -

It works if this block is put at header level.

It does not work (confirmed quantity is not blocked) when this block is put at schedule line level.

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra and TW,

Thanks for appreciating the reply.

it was literally an expirement from my end.

Now discussion is very being interesting

I dont think that creating Delivery will even be possible. Becuse even when user will remove the delivery block and then try to confirm the quantity at schedule line it will throw them the same error that Lock rule is not maintained and hence he wont be able to create the delivery since no schedule line will be confirmed

Now so how to get the schedule line confirmed and create delivery?

• option1 to change the availability check in MM back to normal for which checking rule is maintained. But it will solve nothing, since in Sales order local data already present is old Availability check. So line item needs to be deleted and added again for it to be updated. Not possible from business perspective.
  • Option 2 that i found was to delete the requirement type and made it blank, in this way it will confirm the schedule line at sales order level.

But now when you will try to create delivery for this, so you will get a diff error that will say that Lock rule is not maintained for checking rule B i.e. SD Delivery because DR + B has also not been maintained,

Now if in some way we maintain the ATP check for this rule, we will be able to create delivery and restrict ATP at sales order (Maintain DR+B but not DR+A)

if this can be feasible, then may be we can control the process of ATP and make it a manual one

Regards,

Aayush Jain
SAP SD Consultant

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayush,

As per my suggestion, I was saying that I will keep checking Group as 02 (Individual Requirement) and in VOV8 will assign default Delivery block at header level.

That will not allow stock to get confirmed. So No consumption of ATP also.

When User will need to go ahead with execution of Sales Order, he can just remove that Block so system will confirm the stock.

Regards,

MJ.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In OVZ9 check the filed "Check with out RLT" and make sure that stock is not available in that plant so that system will show it as zero.

Srinu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

siva,

In addition to Srinu's post, in table MARD, you can check for a material at plant, storage location level, Unrestricted qty = 0.

Take that material, plant and storage location and create a sales order. The confirmed quantity would be zero.

(take into consideration Srinu's comment, OVZ9, activate field "Check without RLT")

Added - Important: Your schedule line category in the sales order should be CP (in other words, field availability check should be activated, VOV6)

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue color