Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropdown issue table in display mode

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have created a WDA with a table having one field as dropdown and rest 5 fields as textedit. When I am trying to execute the application I am getting the table in display mode also the dropdown option is also not visible in table . Why I am not able to get the table in editable mode also why I am not getting my dropdown option which I have selected and binded in my view.

Also I don't have any data in table.And I am using dropdown by index.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Create a supply function method for drop-down node to fill attributes for filling the values in the drop down at initial time.

For reference,refer the following link : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c03227f9-e48f-2c10-4bad-8ebdec704...

HTH.

Thanks

KH

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

"Also I don't have any data in table."

What you are seeing displayed is an empty Table (a Table with no rows). Write a supply function for the Table's dataSource node to append some initial rows to the Table. For example...

method supply_mynode.

data lt_
mynode type wd_this->elements_mynode.

*  Populate the node with empty rows ready for input

do 10 times.
       append initial line to lt_
mynode.
   enddo.

node->bind_table(
       new_items               = lt_
mynode

set_initial_elements = abap_true ).

endmethod.

Cheers,

Amy

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

As per your screen shot, it seems no data is there in the table. Probably the screen is to insert new entries. So as already replied, you can add initial data and make the editable property for drop down as as checked. Also, you need to attach the list of values to the drop down by some approach say with domain values.

In run time, the drop down will come with list of required values.

Let me know if you need more information on this topic.

- Thanks , Somnath

former_member219762
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no values in table(no rows) then by default it will be in display mode so append some rows with initial values to table and bind it to node.

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This Read-only property should not check if you want to see it's in editable mode..

You can bind this property with some  attribute also so run time you can change the read-only to editable or vice versa..

for more : DropDownByIndex (SAP Library - Web Dynpro for ABAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Drop-down option only visible in editable mode. Please the check the property of all UI element(textview,textedit and drop-down), they are not checked as read only.

IF all fine, means read only property of drop-down is not checked, then your drop-down symbol will come with a input field(looks like). Its not depends on the data, even if the data is not there, drop-down will come with empty value set.