Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Virtual directory server setup, not accessing LDAP data source

Hello,

I've followed the instructions in the document below, to integrate SAP NetWeaver Identity Management's Virtual Directory Server (VDS) and User Management Engine (UME).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00db1d7c-b03d-2e10-5a83-efe6ab99af5b?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true&50843822930403

I have had success in configuring the VDS to connect with the Identity Center using the template mentioned. The VDS did display the tree values of the Identity Center as expected.

However, using JXplorer I wasn't able to successfully perform a search based on the instructions. I did make many changes to see if JXplorer needed some other inputs but no luck.

Even though I didn't successfully complete a search I continue with configuring the data source in the UME. I uploaded the template and configured the LDAP settings, and the connection test was successful.

The next step was to perform a search for users in the UME using the LDAP connection that was just setup. However, as you can see from the screenshot below I'm not given the option of choosing a data source and although it says 'All data sources' none of the LDAP user are returned in the search.

The help I'm hoping to get is to understand how to perform a search using JXplorer, and why I don't get an option to search for LDAP users in the UME?

Thanks, Paul

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question