Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double ECCN code on 1 product in GTS 10.1

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We are testing version 10.1 and came accross something weird. In this 10.1 version, when you enter an ECCN code for a legal regulation, the system shows that code immediately when you go to the Legal control tab on the Item master data (as opposed to version 8, where you only had a green light and had to clock on it to see the actual code on the right hand side of the screen).

What we now see is that if we change the ECCN code (for testing purposes), that the system shows a 2 ECCN codes. The old and new one:

Has anybody seen this before? Know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

geno_tosto
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

Were you able to resolve this?  We are also seeing the same issue.  Additionally we have products  that were classified prior to the upgrade that now are still classified however the status light is red.  It only turns green if we add a 2nd ECCN.

Thank you

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geno,

Sorry, haven't been keeping up to speed with SCN messages and only just now saw your question. No, this is not solved yet. We logged a ticket with SAP and it took them a long time to reply. But we got one now and are trying to apply as they suggested. Don't have the results yet. But I will keep you up to speed when we have more news. In the mean time I would suggest to also just open a ticket with SAP.

Cheers, Corinne

geno_tosto
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update!

Do you have a workaround that you have been using ??

This could delay our upgrade if users can not classify.

Please keep me updated if you can.  I tried to send you a message directly through SCN but could not because we need to be following each other.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

Obtain the Product GUID from table /SAPSLL/PNTPR, then use that to search the entries in table /SAPSLL/PRCTS for your Product.  Do you find two entries for the 'Commercial Control List' Numbering Scheme?  If so, what differences can you see - only GUID_PRCTS and GUID_CTSNUM, or also other field values?

I can't reproduce the effect you're seeing, so need more information.

Thanks & regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the tip. Tried this. First I got no result at all in  /SAPSLL/PRCTS. Then I noticed that there are actually 3 fields with field name GUID16 (GUID-PR and GUID-PRCTS and GUID-CTSNUM) and when I entered the copied value in the GUID-PR, I  got a result.

There are indeed 2 entries on the the USECC schedule.  GUID-PRCTS and GUID-CTSNUM have different values. The the Changed on/Changed by columns are not filled out. The valid from date is filled out on both lines, but the valid 2 date is missing on the 2nd line.

I went to the item master to change once again the ECCN code. That resulted in now 3 ECCN entries on the item master and in PRCTS. At this point the Chnage by/changed on value was actually filled out on 1 of the lines.  Screen shots below but also in attachment.

Hope you can make something out of it. Thanks for your help so far!

Cheers

Corinne

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

I really don't think that's the intended functionality, and you should probably raise an OSS Incident regarding this.

However, first check recent SAP Notes.  From a very quick search, I found these that look interesting:

• Note 1561694 Incorrect validity period after product reclassification
  • Note 1600904 Classification number split when validity period shortened
  • Note 1739659 Reclassification: Classification period is not adjusted

The first two are not marked as relevant for GTS 10.1, but I'd suggest that you might want to check the code in the affected areas, and possibly mention them in your Incident report if you (or your development colleagues) can see some relevance.

Regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I only just now saw that I had not replied to you yet. Sorry for that. We are a tiny little bit closer to the solution. We registered it as a customer message and SAP has confirmed that this also occurs with other customers. Support has been looking into it in December and it's now transferred to the developpers. So hopefully they come up with something any time soon!

Thanks for your help!

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

Glad that it was useful.  I think the "thanks" button is actually labelled "mark response as helpful" in SCN .

Regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody any info on this? We found a note relating to this same issue, but that related to the Worklist functionality, and the note was already implemented anyway. So there should be more out there? Thanks!