Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Manipulation in GTS

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

From what I have read and reviewed, a BOM cannot be manipulated in GTS. IS that correct? Has anyone done anything like this in their GTS Risk implementation?

The reason why I am asking is that the way BOMs are maintained in the ERP system really confuses GTS when calculating preference. So, the thought is to enable minor manipulation of the BOMs in GTS; such as ignore a material in the the 20+ list of alternatives or change procurement indicator because dual sourcing is maintained for the 1% chance that you might need to buy instead of produce,

Anyway, what are the thoughts in the community is this possible or a fundamental change to the foundation of preference processing in GTS?

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dean,

yes, manipulation of BOM in GTS is not possible once is transferred to GTS. (In GTS you can just delete the BOM).

Usually such changes, like what to filter (what to transfer and what not) or change of procurement indicator are done within BadI when transferring BOM, materials or procurement indicators to GTS.

You need to implement BadI having such logic in your ERP.

Kr,

Gabriel.

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

Ok, but using a BADI does not leave an audit trail. This has been questioned by our Foreign Trade department. To me, I can see that it could be an issue, especially in regards to a Customs audit.

Thank you for your reply. I may have to submit an idea to SAP.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

yes I understand, usually you need to explain the BOM filter when asked. The best is to keep everything documented, why you filter and how does it not influence compliant preference determination. Something like Standard Operating Procedure document.

Anyway, even in case you would be able to tweak BOMs in GTS there wont be audit trail.

Kind regards,

Gabriel.

Answers (0)