cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange characters appearing on a cheque printout which aren't there in the print preview

0 Kudos

Hi,

We've recently changed our cheque printer from a dot matrix to a laserjet so we could print out a signature.

But the new printer is printing out strange characters at the top left corner of the page, these characters are a smiley face, a capital B and an up/down arrow.  These characters do not appear on the print preview in SP01.  They are not any language specific text being converted into something strange as there should be no text there.

It's very difficult to Google why a smiley face is appearing on my print out and my search on here has turned up nothing. 

We are thinking this may be a printer driver issue, a character format issue or something else we've never heard of but we need some pointers.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks,

Gill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in SPAD the used Codepage for the printer and talk to your basis-admins that they should recheck the printersettings. I think its just something wrong there.

Because the dot matrix printer need an start-of-page command.

Regards,

Florian

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which device type do you use for the print with the new LaserJet printer? What is the make and model of the printer? I guess they are some printer initialization commands that the laser printer does not understand.

Regards,

Aidan